Tuesday, November 3, 2009

dwts nears a perfect 30

The stars face two dances and two eliminations this week on DWTS.


Dancing first this week was last week’s dance off winners, Michael & Anna. They had a Foxtrot and I’m not sure he can muster the elegance and fluidity needed for this. Well, I just hated the song so it made it hard for me to enjoy. But I think he did pretty well and probably the best he’s ever done. In fact, he scored a 23/30, which is his highest score!

Donnie & Kym took the floor next with the Quickstep. Gosh, it’s no wonder that the Osmond is so beloved – they have so much charisma! Donnie is so fun to watch and you can’t help but to love him. I thought he did really well with this routine. Unfortunately, there were some mistakes that apparently only the judges could see and they ended up with a 24/30.

Mark no longer had Lacey this week because she was clearly ill with the flu. For the actual performance, Chuck Liddell’s old partner Anna, danced with Mark. Here’s hoping it’s a good routine! Ooh, and they had a Samba this week! You know Lacey would have killed that. Hmm, it was a little awkward and it makes me a little sad! He was doing so well last week. But he definitely gave it his all to put as much personality in it as possible. This definitely hurt him with a score of 19/30! I hope they get some audience votes.

Apparent front-runners, Mýa & Dmitry, had the Foxtrot. And who did Dmitry call in to help inspire Mýa? Cloris Leachman!! Haha. Well, though I may hate to admit it, I think they really did well this week and certainly channeled old Hollywood. Too bad for them, Len did not like the routine. Not too surprising since Dmitry likes to push the envelope with his choreography. They still ended up with a 25/30 which is the highest score so far.

Aaron & Karina danced next and this week they had a Jive. Wow!! His feet were moving a mile a minute! It was like he was a teen idol from the 50s or something. It was really fantastic and this is the closest I think we have come to a perfect 30. They got a 29/30!!

My remaining faves, Kelly & Louis, heated up with dance floor this week a Salsa. Well, at least I’m hoping they heat things up. It was definitely high energy and she did really well. I just hope it’s enough for her to stay. They scored a 24/30 which puts them right in the middle of things.

The last solo dance of the night belonged to Joanna & Derek as they took on a Rumba. Hmm, since it’s another “sexy” dance, I’m sure she will do well and that the judges will love it. Okay, I thought she did well and I think she actually outdanced her natural sexiness, which is good. But I thought Derek’s choreography was a little jerky in some places. They scored a 27/30 which is pretty good.

Now for the team dances: Team Paso (Aaron & Karina, Mýa & Dmitry, Mark & Anna, Michael & Anna) vs. Team Tango (Joanna & Derek, Kelly & Louis, Donnie & Kym).

Team Paso seemed to have some issues during rehearsal with too many egos in the room! But they pulled it together and it was a pretty good performance. They received a 24/30 which will be added to each of their individual scores.

Team Tango seemed to have a better moral and work ethic. But does that translate into a good dance? Yes, it does! Their synchronicity was better and I think their solos were better, too. It was absolutely fantastic!!! As a team they got a 28/30, which will be added to their scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment