
Who will make the finals? I feel America will go with Mike, the youngest contestant. Not only because of his incredible transformation throughout the show, but also his father's plea to keep him in the running.
Who will be the biggest loser? It has to be Tara. She has been a powerhouse competitor from the beginning and although I was sometimes annoyed with her attitude and the fact that she couldn't handle when other contestants thought she was the biggest threat, she is clearly the best contestant.
Who will be the biggest loser at home? This will be tough. I think it will be between my favorite contestant ever, Kristin, Nicole from the Red Team, and Daniel from the Orange Team.
Ok, on to the show! As predicted, Mike was sent to the final three with Helen and Tara. And dang, did he look good! I feel a little ashamed saying that considering he is 18 but he has definitely done well for himself.
Allison introduced a new challenge of choosing the last contestant for the next season. America had to choose between two young, blonde girls, both of whom weigh around 230 lbs. Before the final weigh-ins, it was announced that Amanda would be joining the ranch for the next season. Good luck, Amanda!
First to show their transformations pre-weigh-in were the White Team (and the oldest team), Jerry and Estella, and the Red Team, soon-to-be-married Damien and Nicole. All of them look great, especially Jerry and Nicole. And with their weigh-in and stories, came my waterworks! Just assume that this post will be stained with my tears! Jerry amazed everyone with a weight loss of 177 pounds, resulting in a 47.97% weight loss! Nicole ended up with her total percentage of weight loss just under Jerry's.
Next out were the Tongan Cousins of the Blue Team, Felipe and Sione, and the fractured Silver Team, Joelle and Carla. Carla looked like she could be attending the Grammy's in her hot purple outfit. And the Tongan twins looked just as hot as ever. Ultimately, none of them could best Jerry's amazing results. But, they all clearly won in their own right and all look happy and healthy.
The second pair of cousins, Black Team's Blaine and Dane, and the Yellow Team sisters, Mandi and Aubrey, were next out. I have to say that Mandi stood out in this group and she looked fantastic! Her yellow halter sundress was incredibly flattering and she seemed truly happy for the first time on this show. Both Blaine and Dane put up huge numbers but still couldn't knock down Jerry. Mandi simply glowed during her post show interview and her weigh-in. She looked so beautiful. And while Aubrey didn't lose a large amount of weight, she showed inspiration for all the moms out there.
Finally, out came my fave Kristin and her mom, Cathy, from the Purple Team. They were followed by the Orange Team, David and Daniel. And, wow! Kristin looked fabulous in with her new uber blonde spiky hair and slim figure and Daniel, who clearly shed a large amount of weight. Kristin wowed the crowd but missed the mark of the greatest weight loss by only 7 pounds! Unfortunately for David, he still is missing some motivation as he only lost 43 pounds. I hope that he will find some way to kick it into gear and do better for himself. On the flip side, Daniel, who was the biggest competitor ever, is well on his way to becoming the person he wants to be.
With Jerry still in the lead for the largest percentage of weight loss, only three people were left to weigh in: Laura from the Green Team, Shanon from the Pink Team, and Ron from the Brown Team. Laura did well with her weight loss but was still as "blah" as ever. Shanon looked great and definitely happy! Finally, it came down to Ron and Jerry. Ron needed to lose 206 pounds to beat Jerry but fell 14 pounds short, meaning Jerry lasted from the beginning to the end with the most weight lost at home! Pretty dang good for a 65 year old man! Looks like I lost this prediction.
Now time for the final three! We had a little intro from our favorite trainers, Bob and Jillian. And I love me some Bob and Jillian! Each of the remaining three had a video montage of their journeys, which was honestly a filler of space and nothing we hadn't seen before. Just get to the good stuff already!
Helen and Tara broke through their Day One photos to reveal their new slim figures and met Mike at center stage with Allison. Because Tara won the last weigh-in on campus, she decided the order of the final weigh-in. So, here we go:
- Helen - she started the show at 257 pounds. Her current weight: 117 pounds, leaving her with a total percentage of weight loss of 54.47%. She lost over half of herself former person!
- Mike - he started the show at 388 pounds. His current weight: 181 pounds, leaving him with a total percentage of weight loss of 53.35%. Mike lost more than he currently weighs! Unfortunately, it was not enough to beat Helen.
- Tara - she started the show at 294 pounds. Her current weight: 139 pounds. Ultimately, the Unbeatable Tara was defeated by 48-year-old Helen.
Congratulations to Helen, the newest Biggest Loser and winner of $250,000!!!
I gotta say, I am not too happy with this "Boys Club" for the Final Three. Allison Iraheta was way good and deserved to be in the Semis. Oh, well, I don't bother to vote in these things so I suppose I can't complain ;)
Singing first was Danny Gokey. Now, it's that I don't like Danny but I don't think he's the best. He does have a good voice and he is talented, but I also think he knows he's good and he expects to be in the finals because Paula told him he would be there from Day One. So, naturally, Paula selected one of Danny's songs tonight and she chose "Dance Little Sister." For someone who doesn't know the song, I would say Danny's rendition doesn't make me want to run out and by the single. I don't think it matched his voice all that well - I see him ultimately singing songs similar to Nickelback. Danny's choice of song was "You Are So Beautiful." Before he started singing, I wasn't sure if his voice was soft enough for this song. And I think I was right. He was trying too hard to be sincere and tender and it made me sleepy and bored in the beginning. Then he tried to make it a power ballad at the end, which didn't work at all to me. He should have just done a power ballad and not try to change a soft song into something it's not. Paula gushed over it and Simon called it "a vocal masterclass." What?! Gross.
Newlywed cutie, Kris Allen, was next. At first, I was amazed that Kris even made it to the Top 13. AND that he’s made it this far. But, I am beginning to see his appeal. He may not be the best singer, but he could definitely sell records with his John Mayer-esque voice. Randy and Kara chose the recent mega-hit “Apologize” by One Republic for the Judge’s Choice song. We got to see Kris at the piano again and he did better than I thought, though no where as good as one of my past faves Matt Giraud would have done on it with his beautiful falsetto. Kris just doesn’t have the wide range to be hitting that chorus. But it was a great effort and I think voters will like it. Kris's personal choice was "Heartless" by Kanye West. What?! He knows that Kanye can't sing right?? Kris came out with his acoustic guitar and a blank stage. And surprisingly...it was GENIUS! It makes me wish Kanye never sang the song so that I would only know it as being Kris's. It was a great 'unplugged' performance that was incredibly unique and reminiscent of Jason Mraz's skills with rap-singing. It was a huge risk but I think it will really pay off for him. The judges loved him and now, so do I! I actually hope he gets to the finals. 
Last to go was Adam Lambert. Simon chose “One” by U2 as Adam’s Judge’s Choice. I am not the biggest Adam fan, even though he does have an amazing voice. More about my thoughts on him to come during the results show! It was nice to see a toned down version of Adam during his rendition of “One” because he does have that uncanny ability to be powerful and tender at the same time. And of course, the judges loved him. Adam choose Aerosmith for his final song. No point in even deciding if it will be good...it will. He was meant to sing this type of music. Unfortunately, the back-up singer on the chorus overpowered Adam a little. Fortunately, Adam is such a skilled singer that it didn't mess him up one bit. His ability to sing Aerosmith and other rock songs is another reason why I don't think Adam should win. Again, more on that tomorrow! The judges all loved him and I think they are running out of things to say to him. They just know at this point that he will be in the finals so they aren't overly excited anymore like giddy school girls. Simon, being the only realistic one, stated that we can't just assume Adam will make it but that he wanted people to vote for him because he deserves to be there. Which he does.
So, my predictions for tomorrow's results show? I think based on performances, Kris and Adam should be the final two. I am still in complete awe of Kris's rendition of "Heartless" and that alone should make him fly right into the finals.
And now, finally to the last show of the evening, Dancing with the Stars results show.

Ok, usually I don't watch these results shows because they make what should take 10 minutes max into a full hour-long episode. So, to be brief, we are skipping the guests performances, the pro-ballroom competition to see who will be the next pro on the show, and the re-play of last night's performances. Let's get down to what really matters and see if Ty Murray was sent packing.
First to be saved and headed to the finals were Gilles & Cheryl. Announced next wer Shawn & Mark. This left Melissa & Tony and Ty & Chelsie in the bottom two. This is what I expected since Melissa wasn't at her best last night. The judges and hosts continued to point out that Ty was clearly the most improved. However, this couldn't save him and Ty was finally voted off the dance floor. Ty knew that he wasn't as good as the other competitors and compared his experience to a blind person being taught how to paint.
So, it was a night of upsets, losses, and wins. How exhausting!
Next up on Get Real, the Top Model finale (!), Make Me A Supermodel, and American Idol results show, so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment