First up is the ANTM finale:
Here are my pre-show predictions/hopes:- I think (read: hope!) Allison and Teyona will make it to the finals. Aminat doesn’t have a strong enough portfolio and I think Teyona will struggle with the commercial. I DO NOT want another upset like last cycle when Analeigh failed to make the finals despite her walking ability and amazing portfolio.
- Unless Allison wows during the final runway show, Teyona will walk away with the prize. This is annoying to me because she rivals McKey as the most boring winner of Top Model…ever!
First up was the make-it-or-break-it CoverGirl commercial. As predicted, Teyona choked on her commercial. She began crying and I can now see what the judges were saying about her not being telegenic. She was so nervous during the shoot and it was incredibly obvious to the judges. Fortunately for her, her photo was very CoverGirl and simple.
My fave Allison went next. She stumbled a bit with the commercial, but she looked simply gorgeous! She still lacked some energy, but so did McKey last season and no one could have less personality than her. But it was definitely better than her last commercial. Her still photo was gorgeous and the designer of the final runway show loved it. And she finally showed Tyra that she could be a commercial model
Aminat went first and she did pretty well. She looked beautiful but she looked incredibly rehearsed. She did have the most personality out of all the commercials but it was still a little ‘blah.’ And her photo failed to impress, showing once again that she is unable to deliver in a photo.
Allison was called first by the judges to be a finalist! Finally, I feel like the judges are realizing that she is actually good and that she can be a top model! Next, Teyona was called out to be in the final runway show for designer label Rosa Chá. Even though Aminat didn’t make it to the finals, she will clearly be signed by some agency because she is one of the fiercest runway walkers ever.
After panel, Allison and Teyona took their Seventeen Magazine cover shoots. Both looked very cute and definitely fit in with the Seventeen demographic. Of course, I prefer Allison, but perhaps I’m a little biased!
The final runway was Brazil-tastic! It was a colorful mix of Carnival and Samba with all of the beauty of Brazilian culture. The major challenge in this runway was the “Brazilian Stomp” which is the style of runway walk that has made all Brazilian models famous. The models were outfitted with large wings and stunning bathing suits. The models were introduced by capoeira dancers. Their second walk down the runway required the girls to Samba down the runway. The final pass down the runway saw the girls plastered in dark black paint all over their bodies and bikinis. What resulted looked like a uber sexy orgy of hot models. Somewhere during all of the gyrating and rolling on the ground, Teyona’s weave came out and she used it like a lasso!
The judges were amazed by Allison’s walk and her performance on the runway. Tyra even admitted that she expected Teyona to blow her out of the water but was surprised that Allison did as well as she did. The judges all felt that Teyona did well, as they thought she would. In their side by side photo comparisons, the girls looked very even. I was even surprised to hear Paulina speaking so well of Allison because it seemed all season that she didn’t like her. Both girls proved that they take good photos and they can both do editorial and commercial.
I have to say this was probably the hardest decision since Danielle and Joanie in Cycle 6. They both have equally amazing portfolios and both did exceptionally well during the runway show. During deliberation, it was revealed that the judges thought so much of her going into the runway show but were ultimately underwhelmed. Whereas with Allison, they were so surprised by how well she did that she stunned them all. However, despite this, the judges went with Teyona. AAHHHH!! Why?! Allison completely deserved to win. Well, I guess we will just have to wait to see next cycle’s hopefuls to see if Top Model and Tyra will ever get it right!
On to another nailbiter - the American Idol results show:
Much like the DWTS results shows, I don't much like the American Idol ones either as they take WAY too long for what should only take 10 minutes! As is the case every week, there is a lame Ford Music Video that I think all AI contestants should be ashamed of and request that the producers burn them in acid after it airs - or better yet, before!
Oddly enough, Ben Stiller, Bill Hader, Hank Azaria, and Jonah Hill introduced the show and shamefully plugged their new move, "Night at the Musem 2". They're just lucky that I'm slightly in love with Bill Hader otherwise I would have been completely pissed off at the waste of time.
Another way of filling the hour was following the remaining three's visits home. Does anyone else thinks it's odd that they are all touted as Hometown Heroes?! All they did was sing on a national televsion show!! Who cares?! Alright, maybe I'm not the right person to be asking that question since I am watching it and writing about it. But still! I guess it was pretty cool to see Adam in San Diego, too. I actually knew some of the places he was at, kinada exciting. Again, like the weird intro, one moment saved it all for me, which was when they played "Falling Slowly" from the movie Once during Kris's hometown footage. That song will never get old and will never fail to give me goosebumps! I know what I'm listening to on my iPod tonight before I go to bed! ;)
Then was a performance from the recent AI winner, Jordin Sparks. I guess I can't really consider an AI alum coming back to where it all began for them as being a waste of time, but that doesn't mean I'm happy that I have to sit through more nonsense that are not the results! I gotta say though she looked good and more grown up. Congratulations to her for actually having a singing career after AI.
And before we could get to the actual results, we had yet another performance by Katy Perry. Nothing else worth commenting on here.
FINALLY the results! And the first one to make it to the finals...Kris Allen! It had to be the "Heartless" performance! So who would be next to him as the other half of the final two? San Diego's own Adam Lambert!
Alright, so I promised I would say why I don't think Adam should win...but I'm actually going to wait until next week's finale! Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment