Sunday, May 17, 2009

Word to the Wise...

Welcome back to Get Real! As we near summer and Reality TV heaven, here is a list of shows that I may write about and a list that I definitely will not write about.

Get Ready for:
  • The Bachelorette with Jillian Harris (ABC), premieres Monday, May 17 - here's hoping that our favorite Canadian sweethear can find true love and ward off any potential Jason Mesnicks!
  • So You Think You Can Dance (Fox), premieres Thursday, May 21 - thanks to my parents for introducing me to this show in season 2!
  • Top Chef Masters (Bravo), premieres June 17 - I'll give it a try to see if it's any good, but seeing as I'm not a major foodie myself, I might care less for the real top chef contestants.
  • Big Brother 11 (CBS), premiere TBA - I know not many people are BB fans, but this is my major guilty pleasure so you'll just have to deal with it :)
Don't Hold Your Breath for:
  • The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Bravo) - come on, people, it's New Jersey! :/
  • Charm School III (Vh1)- though it could be interesting to see Ricki Lake try and whip these girls into shape, I don't think any of them will really walk away with any more class than they started with (which to be honest, was basically none).
  • America's Got Talent - maybe if I lived in England I would blog about Britain's Got Talent cause they are way into their reality shows across the pond, but I have no desire to hear from Piers, Sharon, David or new host, Nick Cannon. Sorry Mr. Mariah Carey.
  • Hitched or Ditched (CW) - this show seems so horrible! Give stuggling couples a week to plan a wedding and at the end they either get married or the whole thing's off. Uh, no thanks!
  • I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (NBC) - I don't think I need to give an explanation here...
  • NYC Prep (Bravo) - the last thing we need is a real life GossipGirl to breed fake celebrities like the Lauren Conrads, Heidi Montags, and Kim Kardashians out there.
  • Daisy of Love (Vh1) - I was never a fan of Daisy when she was on Rock of Love so I have desire to watch her on her own quest to find "love".

So, as you can see, the list of things to come is much shorter than those not to come. And for any other new shows that decide to show up, here are my basic rules of whether or not it is worthy of Get Real:

  1. If it's not a competition show, you can basically rule it out! Though I do love me some mini-marathons of Ghost Hunters, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Say Yes to the Dress, What Not to Wear and others, it's basically just the same thing over and over again.
  2. If it's a competition show on MTV that's not America's Best Dance Crew, chances are it's not worth my time.
  3. If it in any way involves Heidi Montag or Spencer Pratt, I will not review it. Unless they are on DWTS, in which case I will pretend they don't exist and skip them completely.

Up next on Get Real, the finale of DWTS and the premiere of The Bachelorette! Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. So you think you can dance has the catchiest theme tune.

    ReplyDelete