Welcome back to Get Real! Tonight's was a full circle of bachelorette-dom with the performance finale of Dancing with the Stars and the premiere of The Bachelorette. First up, DWTS!
It’s the first part of the finale and, gosh, am I excited! Can I just say, though, that it seems as if Cheryl already feels like she and Gilles have won? She is getting more and more smug as the seasons wear on. And she always seems as if she is looking down at Shawn and Melissa when the couples are lined up at the beginning of the show.Bruno went to visit Shawn & Mark for a little coaching in their solo session. Her most recent attempt at the Paso earned her a score of 29/30 so she really needs to do well to top that! Then, Carrie Ann went to see Melissa & Tony, who only scored a 25/30 during their last Paso. Last, Len coached Gilled & Cheryl to reach that perfect score after receiving a 29/30 on their first try.
The couples came out to dance their Paso Dobles with a fiery opening. Shawn & Mark were first in their solos and she looked great! It was very fierce, passionate, and appropriate for her age. Melissa was next on the floor and it was like a vampire Paso! She looked hot and kinda dominatrix-esque. I bet Jason’s kicking himself right now seeing her do so well and look so good! However, it seemed a little too soft for me and not hard enough. I was surprised to see Gilles & Cheryl in white cause I fully expeted them to be in red or black. He did very good in his Paso and definitely carried the male dominance of the dance. In the final but where all three couples were dancing together, Shawn was hitting her movements with such edge and hardness where Melissa still seemed a little too soft.
The judges seemed to love all of the performances but tended to claim Melissa as the weakest and Gilles as the strongest. I do think it’s unfair for Carrie Ann to say that Shawn doesn’t have the same emotional connections as Gilles because she’s only 17 years old and if she was acting too much like Gilles it would be highly inappropriate!
And I think she’s showing just enough passion and sexiness for her age. Perhaps I am just showing my favoritism for Shawn here too much, but I do think it’s unfair.
Up next were the anticipated freestyles! Shawn & Mark were first to go and they got a visit from Season 4 Winner and Olympic Gold Medalist Apollo Anton Ohno!! Yay, love him! I’m glad that they are holding back on all of the gymnastics since the judges were not too enthusiastic about it last time. Ooh, and so excited to see them sporting some Jabbawockeez masks, albeit bedazzled! It was like a fun broadway inspired dance that was incredible athletic and definitely showed off what Shawn has learned this season. You can’t help but love their dance! It was so nice to see how excited Mark was, too. You could tell that he wanted them to succeed so badly and was just as nervous and excited about the comments as Shawn was! This was definitely one of the best freestyles ever! And their score...PERFECT 30 OUT OF 30!!
Melissa & Tony took the dance floor next and I gotta say I had no idea what to expect out of these two. Melissa’s always proven to be a good dancer from the beginning, but she was hailed for her ballet and cheerleading skills rather than ballroom technique. S
o, I wasn’t sure if it was going to be too cheery or if they were going to try for more ballroom. They went for a hip hop themed dance and I approve since that seems more like Melissa’s style but I was not digging Tony’s uber tight see-through shirt. He should have just been shirtless in my opinion! There were certainly a lot of tricks here but it seems a little scattered and maybe Tony was making up for how safe his last freestyle was with Stacey in Season 2. All the judges wished that she had gone more elegant because of her ballet training, which is a little odd because of all the times they have criticized her for it in the past, but I see what they were going for. The judges rewarded her with 27 out of 30.
o, I wasn’t sure if it was going to be too cheery or if they were going to try for more ballroom. They went for a hip hop themed dance and I approve since that seems more like Melissa’s style but I was not digging Tony’s uber tight see-through shirt. He should have just been shirtless in my opinion! There were certainly a lot of tricks here but it seems a little scattered and maybe Tony was making up for how safe his last freestyle was with Stacey in Season 2. All the judges wished that she had gone more elegant because of her ballet training, which is a little odd because of all the times they have criticized her for it in the past, but I see what they were going for. The judges rewarded her with 27 out of 30.Gilles
& Cheryl finished off the night with their freestyle. I am not liking his outfit at all. Why is he wearing jeans with a ripped sparkly black t-shirt? It’s a little gross and “sleazy guy at the club!” Although, from the music, I can see that it was meant to be a little 80’s-esque, so it’s a bit better. It was overall good, but it seemed to be more about Cheryl than Gilles. Often times, he wasn’t doing much dancing, but just lifting, holding or caressing Cheryl as she danced around him and slid on him all sexily. Surprisingly, Carrie Ann and Bruno agreed with me about there not being enough dancing from Gilles! Hooray! Ultimately, he ended up with a 28 out of 30.
& Cheryl finished off the night with their freestyle. I am not liking his outfit at all. Why is he wearing jeans with a ripped sparkly black t-shirt? It’s a little gross and “sleazy guy at the club!” Although, from the music, I can see that it was meant to be a little 80’s-esque, so it’s a bit better. It was overall good, but it seemed to be more about Cheryl than Gilles. Often times, he wasn’t doing much dancing, but just lifting, holding or caressing Cheryl as she danced around him and slid on him all sexily. Surprisingly, Carrie Ann and Bruno agreed with me about there not being enough dancing from Gilles! Hooray! Ultimately, he ended up with a 28 out of 30.So, the final scoreboard going into the results show:
Shawn & Mark – 58 out of 60
Gilles & Cheryl – 58 out of 60
Gilles & Cheryl – 58 out of 60
Melissa & Tony – 56 out of 60
My predictions? I think Gilles will win even though I want Shawn to win. I guess we will have to wait for the last dance tomorrow for judges scores to see if anything might change that.
Now onto The Bachelorette premiere!

Yay!! SO excited that The Bachelorette is starting and that Jillian is it! She’s just so darn cute and down to earth, you just want her to do well and find the perfect man. Here’s to Jillian and her search for “Mr. Invisible!”
So, who are these guys who think they’re worthy of Jillian’s love? Well, considering that some of them will soon drift off into oblivion, here are my Top Guys and Bottom Guys pre-rose ceremony...
Top Guys:
- Jake, the pilot from Texas – He is CUTE! And he called himself a “Hopeful romantic!” Aww!
- Kiptyn, the event planner from San Diego - Ok, yes, he is hot but he also seems really nice and genuine.
- Sasha from Texas – He’s very cute and definitely interested in family. And I like how he equated the awkwardness of meeting the guys like your first high school dance!
Bottom Guys:
- Julien from Rancho Santa Fe – Super stiff, arrogant, and sleazy!
- Greg the fitness model – Gross!! No, no, no!
- Brian from Atlanta – Hot tub Harris?! Clearly he just thinks she’s hot!
- Tanner P, one of the new guys – His disgusting foot fetish…nothing more to say!
I love that all the guys are thanking Jason for ditching Jillian so that they could
have a chance with her. But what’s more amazing is that they even watched the show or know enough about her to want to pursue her and come on the show! It’s so fun, too, to see the guys being all gossipy and talking about their nerves when meeting a new girl and how cute she is and how her white dress is intimidating! Ha, love it!
have a chance with her. But what’s more amazing is that they even watched the show or know enough about her to want to pursue her and come on the show! It’s so fun, too, to see the guys being all gossipy and talking about their nerves when meeting a new girl and how cute she is and how her white dress is intimidating! Ha, love it!Upon her entry into the mansion to meet all the hot single men, Jillian advised the men to “Please be yourself.” And I gotta say, this is probably the most important advice Jillian could give to the guys! With all of the fancy-schmancy dates that are incredibly unrealistic out in the real dating world plus the fast-paced environment, the only way any guy could truly hope to end up with Jillian is if they were themselves the whole way through. Otherwise, we will just end up with another failed Reality TV romance and most likely, another bachelor for next season!
Jake the pilot stepped up to the plate and pulled Jillian aside first. Good job for him cause he’s my number one so far! Jesse took the reins next and broke Jake and Jillian’s moment. Did he really just call wine “Love Juice?” Really? And then he made a shirt that said “Aspiring Canadian?” Puh-lease! Next!
Tanner in the bright green shirt pulled her over to the pull and openly admitted that he watched last season. Though it’s good that he is there for her, I would definitely have to think twice about a single guy who willingly watched The Bachelorette.
Jillian pulled her first guy aside and it was Kiptyn from San Diego! He seemed so real and sincere. I greatly hope that he is ‘cause he is a definite front-runner! Plus, it’s also nice to see that San Diego does have some good guys!
Juan then took Jillian inside and talked to her about his family and profession. He seems really cute and although he seems a little nervous and trying a bit too hard to impress her, you can tell that he is excited to meet her.
Kyle then drew a mustache on Jillian’s finger and it sort of made me like him more! Just when I had written him off, he pulled out the finger mustache! I suppose only my friends will know how funny that is! And Brian, the jerk from Atlanta, was left in the dust! Ha!
And just as expected, Wes pulled out his guitar and sang a song to her! Whoop-di-do, big surprise there! Boring!
Michael then proceeded to give Jillian a break dancing lesson and I gotta say that I liked him more! He was very cute with Jillian and I was glad that he seemed toned down even while doing his whole break-dancing bit. And Jillian seemed to enjoy it, so that’s always good. Plus, he took the opportunity to battle and completely beat down Greg the gross fitness model, who was my least favorite out of all the guys. Hooray!
David opened up after his awkward and stiff first impression and it was nice to see that he could work past his nerves.
Then, the major bombshell…Jillian was so popular as the next choice for the bachelorette that 5 more guys were brought into the picture! For the first time ever, there will be 30 bachelors instead of 25! Dun-dun-dun!
Then she met with Ed and Tanner P, two of the new guys. Ed seemed really nice but not super memorable. Tanner P was a first-class creeper with his gross foot fetish! I can understand if someone wants feet to look nice because they can be gross but he was just weird about it! His whole conversation with her was just him trying to see her feet! There was nothing real about it at all. And I cringe at the thought of any future dates her may have with her by trying to give her foot massages, pedicures, etc. Ugh!
And the first impression rose goes to…David! I admit, I was surprised because I thought there were many others who were better deserving of it. However, I can see that why she chose him since he made a point of making a second first-impression. But I feel like Jillian was trying to be nice and dear Jillian, this is not the time to be nice! Go for what you want because that’s what’s going to matter in the end!
So, what happens during the rose ceremony?
First to be called for a rose is…Jake the pilot!! Whoo hoo! Wes was to be expected, but I predict he will get old fast with his whole musician thing. My other favorites, Kiptyn and Sasha, each got their roses while some of my non-faves, such as Tanner P, Julien, and Brian B, were given roses as well. I guess though when you have to keep 20 guys, you have to end up with some of the bad guys. Let’s just home that they start leaving ASAP so the good guys can continue to stay!
At least Greg the fitness model was sent home. And it was weird to hear John P saying that he already thought that Jillian was his soul mate…uh, you just met her!
Overall, a good premiere and definitely some good guys for our girl Jillian! Here’s to a good (hopefully!) season, although it looks like it will be pretty rocky from the previews of upcoming episodes! :/
Up next on Get Real, the American Idol final performance and DWTS results! Stay tuned :)

No comments:
Post a Comment