Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Gotta Feeling...Somebody's Watching Me...

Welcome back to Get Real! Here are recaps of the last four episodes of Big Brother 11!


So, each of the players were put into High School cliques – more specifically, The Athletes, The Brains, The Populars, and The Offbeats. If any member of the clique wins HOH (Head of Household), then no one from that clique can be nominated for eviction! Ooh, surprising twist number 1!

Woah, Jesse is back?! Ok, I know I missed the first episode, but why was he back on the show? Clearly he wants to win. Then Jesse, who was HOH, made an alliance with The Brains. So he nominated Chima as a pawn from The Brains and Lydia from The Offbeats because he didn’t like her.

Now, without even knowing anything about these people, I think I would like Lydia. Hmm, I wonder what clique I would have fallen into on this show. More than likely I wouldn’t have been cast cause I don’t fit into any of them. Or, at least I don’t think I do…am I wrong?!

I also kinda like the kids on The Brains team. But I don’t like Laura and her complaining about her huge boobs or Russell and his arrogant demeanor. He’s just reliving his high school days. Oh, I love this show!

Jesse and Russell think that they lost Jeff as a team member and now they decided to bring Laura onto their side because they realized that she was weak. We’ll see.

Now time for the first Veto competition! Jesse pulled Russell’s name, Chima chose Natalie as her House Guest’s choice, and Lydia chose Jeff. Chima was a little dumb to choose someone that was not in her clique since they would be more likely to save her. Oh, gross. The Veto Competition had something to do with popping huge sits on a large face. Each pimple had different letters in it and the objective was to collect the most letters to spell the longest word possible. Whoever made the longest word would win the POV (Power of Veto). Ugh, this was probably one of the grossest Veto Competition ever! Jesse incorrectly spelled “Continuously,” Natalie spelled “Last,” Chima missed letters for “Superficiality,” Russell went for “Shotgun,” and Jeff spelled something that was not even a word. So it all came down to Lydia and unfortunately, she didn’t have enough letters to spell out “Civilization” so the POV went to Russell.

So, in Russell’s arrogance he challenged Jeff and tried to embarrass him in front of everyone. Then Natalie jumped on his back, too. It’s hard to say whose side the rest of the house will agree with. Natalie should have tried to get Jeff back on her team rather than alienate him more. Russell then told Lydia that Natalie was the one to nominate her. She then had to go and try to convince Natalie and Jesse to take her off the block and put someone else up. All of this scheming will probably lead to nothing because that’s how things go. While the Athletes are saying that they want to get rid of Braden, the chances of that happening are slim.

The nerd herd leader, Ronnie, went and told Braden the supposed plan and now Russell things that Ronnie is a snitch. Why do people say things to each other?! You have to be sneaky about these things! Have you never watched BB before?! Geesh.

Wow, Russell actually used the POV on Lydia! Okay, this just shows that he is willing to change on the drop of a hat. People should take that into account and look at that. Branden actually got back-doored, which leads us to the first Eviction Ceremony.

Braden is definitely a weirdo. You know he was only popular in high school because he’s a pretty face. And now I think Lydia is being weird and I don’t know if I like her anymore. She’s gone all diva now that she’s been saved from the chopping block.

It’s so funny, too, how people shout at each other and hate each other until they sit on the couch and talk with Julie. Then, they act all civil to each other. You know that doesn’t last long. Okay, and how has no one yet noticed how calm and under-the-radar Chima has been since she was nominated? Oh, and listen to her speech!! She just called out Braden and basically said that anyone who votes with Braden is a bigot and a racist!

Here’s how the votes went down: Russell voted for Braden, as did Natalie; Jeff and Jordan both voted for Chima; Kevin naturally voted for Braden; Laura stuck with her popular roots and voted for Chima; Lydia voted for Braden; quite nerd Michelle went against her teammate and voted for Chima; Casey seemed to be swayed by the Popular kids and voted for Chima; and the surprise vote was that Ronnie voted for Braden. Jesse was given the deciding vote and he evicted Braden.

I am surprised that Ronnie went the way he did! With all of his scheming, this could have been his chance to surprise the Athletes! I suppose either way he would have been on the losing side because someone would have been mad at him.

The HOH Competition was next. It was Homecoming and Superlative themed. Ooh, and in an interesting turn of events, Ronnie was named HOH! Hmm, he is a tricky one, isn’t he? So now the Athletes love Ronnie but the others hate him.

There was a reward challenge next where two of the houseguests would get the chance to win a viewing of The Ugly Truth. Dan, the winner from BB10, came out to host the game show and determine the winners. Casey was the winner for the Guys by getting 5 questions right! Chima won out for the girls with a tie-breaker. Then it was revealed that Casey and Chima would choose which team would be on slop for the week. Casey wanted to give it to the Athletes since they were in control last week but Chima wanted the Populars to suffer. In a diva move, she threatened Casey with eviction so he let her have her way so that she would look bad.

At the nomination ceremony, Ronnie nominated Jeff and Laura. I think he is still planning on back-dooring Russell in the end. We’ll just see if that works out in the end.

Russell blew up at Lydia when she told him that she wasn’t talking about the game. I don’t know if he is just playing the game right now or if he is actually freaking out and getting tired of the game. Lydia went crying to Ronnie and said that she wanted Russell to be back-doored. How funny that what Ronnie was actually planning is now popping into the heads of other houseguests! He surely is smart.

Chima and Casey then got to watch their movie while the others sat outside. I’m sure it was a nice break for them from playing the game. But I would not have wanted to share it with Chima, that’s for sure.

Then it was time for the Veto Competition. Russell got called, as did Natalie, and then Casey. So, now the chances of him being back-doored were less. The Veto Competition required the players to collect a certain amount of money from a pile of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Whoever had the least amount would be eliminated. However, there were also three money bags that included $5000, a Slop Pass, or nothing. They could choose one of these bags if they wanted but they would eliminate themselves from the competition.

Ronnie was eliminated first, followed by Laura. Jeff was doing pretty well and I hope that he ends up winning. Natalie won the next round and took a bag that had the Slop Pass in it, while Casey was eliminated. It was down to the wire but Jeff pulled it off being just $0.97 away from the desired $10.00 of pennies! So, naturally, Jeff will take himself off the block and Russell will probably be nominated.

Lydia and Kevin went on the offensive and tried to get Russell back-doored. I’m not sure what will happen. During the Veto Ceremony, Jeff took himself off the block and the person that went up was…Jordan! I am not surprised. I don’t really understand Ronnie’s motives. I think Jordan is safe but I think people might be upset with Ronnie for not putting up Russell.

Ronnie is now feeling the result of his wrath once it came out that he was the one that manipulating the whole house. He should have just taken the opportunity to back-door Russell. He was definitely scheming and he was doing it from the beginning. I think he just got into everything too soon. He is for sure going to need to watch his back next week. Julie chatted with him in his HOH room and he revealed that his hermit-like behavior of late was done to generate sympathy.

In the Diary Room, Jeff and Jesse both voted for Laura. Natalie was expected to vote for Laura but she shook things up and voted for Jordan. Casey voted for Laura and Russell did the same. Kevin, Lydia, Chima, and Michele all voted for Laura as well. Perhaps Natalie will regret her decision after this? We shall see!

In the HOH competition, the houseguests had to play a form of Skee Ball and the only objective was to get the ball in the bucket worth the most points. Whoever had the highest score wins HOH. Jeff and Jesse tied with 6 points, meaning that the Athletes would be safe this week no matter what. In the tie-breaker, Jesse won out in the end becoming HOH for the second time this season.


Next up on Get Real, some more of last week's shows! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment