Welcome back to Get Real! It’s a double dose of The Bachelorette so let’s just get right into it.

Last time, we ended on a bitter-sweet note. Ed came back (yay!) but Wes stayed (boo!). Now, Jillian and the remaining four bachelors have made their way to Spain for a romantic getaway.
Jillian’s first date in Spain was with Kiptyn. They are such a cute couple! Oh, but Kiptyn kinda laid a big bomb on Jillian by saying that he thinks a proposal is way off. And I totally agree with him because why would you get engaged after only a few months? And in such a setting? He is being completely realistic and I think that is something that might eventually come between these two.
Then the two took a Flamenco lesson and boy does Jillian have no rhythm at all! Haha!
When they had dinner, Jillian had some “tough” questions for Kiptyn. She talked to him about kids, his ex-girlfriends, what he might change about himself, etc. Ok, this may be a first in my recent Bachelorette memory – Jillian turned down the overnight fantasy suite card! Okay, I don’t understand something. She is unsure about him and his insecurity about proposing to her too fast and yet she doesn’t want to move forward with the overnight date. I don’t get it! She needs to make up her mind on what she wants! Ugh.
The next date was with Reid. I love him. He is my second favorite guy and I can totally see them together. Though, they still seem to be in that honeymoon phase and I don’t know how either of them would react to their first fight or the slightest hint of irritation. Ok, she declined again! Why does she keep pushing them away but then also pressure them in other ways?! She’s confusing!
Finally it’s time for the date with Ed! Hooray! I just love Ed and I want them to end up together! He’s so much more perfect for her than I thought he would be. I don’t care that he left her once…I think that means he won’t do it again. He is totally my favorite! I like that he seems to be the most normal of the guys, too. Yay, she didn’t decline Ed!! :)
Ugh, there was one last date with the dreaded Wes. I can’t believe he’s still there. Ah, he is just too good at being smooth. But at least she was finally seeing that he is not actually interested in her. As much as it sucks for her and as sad as it is that she is going to be hurt by him, it’s definitely something she needs to go through so that she can get over him. I sincerely hope that she is listening to what he is saying because he is telling her that his manager wanted him to get exposure and that any publicity is good publicity.
OK, Jillian – he just said that he had a girlfriend! And then had to catch himself and say “ex-girlfriend.” And even after that he said that he thought they should use the fantasy suite. Thank goodness you were actually smart and didn’t take him up on it!
HOORAY!!! WES IS GOING HOME! Ugh, he is such an asshole. I have never hated anyone on reality TV more than him. Well, except maybe Heidi and Spencer! ;)
Now she is taking Ed, Reid, and Kiptyn to Maui for another romantic getaway.
Once again, her first date was with Kiptyn. They went to some strange rope course. Ah, yet another metaphor for love! Taking a leap of faith and showing your commitment. How original! Oh, but it was really cute the way they were talking to each other all coupley and such. This was really the first time that I could really see them as a couple and get some sort of idea about what their future would be like. It was cute. Jillian finally took her “leap of faith” and used the fantasy suite with Kiptyn.
Reid was next on the dating schedule. I still really like him. Did Jillian really say that she’s always wanted to go on a helicopter ride above Maui? Who counts that as something you really want to do in life?! In the end I think things will move too fast for Reid and that will be what gets in between them. I think he is definitely falling in love for her but it’s just too soon. And I can understand his sentiments completely!
Last but certainly not least was Ed’s date. Ugh, I just love him! And he surprised her by flying his parents out to Hawaii to meet Jillian! So cute!! I am just hoping that things go well because I love them together so much. Hmm, Jillian gave Ed the fantasy suite card before dinner! A little anxious, are we? Ok, I need to say that I do not like Ed’s hair in the date. It’s so nerdy looking, haha! Aw, he is the only one to tell her so far that he is falling in love with her! Hooray. BUT, the most awkward thing happened! Now, I have seen enough of these shows to know what happens on these overnight dates. But it has never been explicitly said or displayed before. So it was a little surprising when they went into more detail with Ed and kind of uncomfortable to watch! And I really didn’t need to know that he was unable to “seal the deal.” I mean, yes, that is, of course, a big deal, sure. But why make it such a deal? Awkward…
Oh gosh, I have no idea who she is going to choose!! She just better choose Ed that’s all I say. How she can even think of denying that she and Ed are clearly meant to be together is beyond me! She pulled him aside to make sure things were okay even and I just hope, hope, hope that it means she trusts him.
Okay, so she chooses Kiptyn first which I knew was going to happen. Even though I think that it should have been between Reid and Ed and not Kiptyn, I knew she would choose him. But she also chose Ed! Oh, thank goodness! And I knew that Reid’s inability to express his emotions is what cost him in the end. And Ed made the smartest move ever by going over to console her when she was crying. I bet Kiptyn was wishing he had done it but I’m glad that it was Ed who went to her side.
Next up on Get Real, a two-fer of So You Think You Can Dance! Stay tuned :)

I always know where to go to catch up on any missed episode! Thanks for the great summaries!
ReplyDelete