Welcome back to Get Real! A dancer’s dozen is what we have today with the performances and results of So You Think you Can Dance.

With this week’s (or last week’s, rather) performers would perform two routines each to prove that they belong in the Top 10. Tyce Diorio joined the judges panel this week and I can’t wait to hear some of his harsh critiques.
Melissa & Ade’s first routine was a Doriana Sanchez Disco. Oh no, this could be the first time that I am worried for them! But I liked it and Ade did so well. I just love them together and everything they do together is wonderful to me! Thankfully, the judges liked it, too. For their second routine, this lovely couple did a Waltz. Oh, so beautiful and sweet and heartfelt. I love, love, love them!
Kayla & Kūpono were up next with a Mia Michaels Contemporary routine. Oh, so excited for this one! Ah, how beautiful and painful and mesmerizing. It was fantastic and I was on the verge of tears. This next dance was the last dance for this new couple. Joey Dowling did another Broadway routine for them. This was probably the first time that I think Kayla didn’t do as well because of her character. She didn’t know how to act in love with Kūpono, and how could you not?! He, on the other hand, I thought was better though not completely believable for West Side Story.Dancing the Foxtrot was Caitlin & Jason. Ooh, Caitlin was just like Cameron Diaz out of The Mask. Not knowing much about the Foxtrot, I thought they did well. There may have been some rough sports here and there with his lifts but I thought they looked beautiful. These two lovelies did a Lyrical Jazz routine for their final dance. I thought it was fantastic but sadly I think that Jason is holding Caitlin back. She is just so beautiful when she dances and I don’t know that he can keep up with her.
Um, okay, Jeanine & Phillip did a Russian Folk Dance next and…okay. It’s such a hard thing to even begin to critique this because it’s just so different. But it looked good to me, so that’s fun! Uh ho, Jeanine & Phillip had a Jive as their last dance and I am just expecting this to be a disaster. And I love them so much so this makes me sad! Oh, it was better than I thought and really cute.
One of my fave couples, Evan & Randi, took on a Tabitha and Napoleon Hip Hop routine. It had an interesting theme, though, of a couple who just found out they were pregnant. Surprisingly, it worked! And it was so cute. Now, maybe this is just because I am in love with Evan, but I personally really liked it. These two got another shot at ballroom as well with a Samba. Hmm, will Evan bring it like the judges have been asking him to? Hmm, it was a little rough. Poor Evan. It was just a little awkward.Stupid Brandon was next with his partner, Janette, doing an Argentine Tango. Blah, blah, it will probably be good and my dreams of them being kicked off will once again be delayed. Okay, so it was good. Next, please! Why, oh, why, did Brandon & Janette get the Wade Robson routine?! It could have been anyone else and I would have been so excited for this because…hello! It’s Wade Robson! But, no. These two lame-o’s got it. Eh. Now, I fully admit that I am biased but I didn’t really like it. Whatever.
So, who goes home after these performances? I don’t know! Ugh, so hard. Oh, wonderful! The opening routine was a fantastic piece to The White Stripes’ Seven Nation Army. I am betting that Tabitha and Napoleon had something to do with this. Oh yes, they were responsible. Love it!
Alright, so down to the results. The first two couples of the night were Caitlin & Jason and Brandon & Janette. Could my dream of Brandon being in the bottom finally come true?! Alas, no. Once again Caitlin & Jason were in the bottom. I fear this is going to be the end of the road for Jason.
The next group of couples was Evan & Randi and Jeanine & Phillip. I think that Evan & Randi could face their first bottom three experience. Oh, but they were somehow safe. Well, I think Jeanine & Phillip will be safe because they are both just fantastic.
The remaining couples, Melissa & Ade and Kayla & Kūpono, waited anxiously for their fates. Will Melissa & Ade skirt away with a perfect record of never being in the bottom?? No, they didn’t. Melissa & Ade were sent to the bottom three for the first time.
Ahh, this is so hard. But I think I know who is going home. I feel it’s going to be Jason and Caitlin. Oh my gosh! They sent Phillip home! I just can’t believe it. He is too good! But I can understand their point since he can’t really do other genres as well but I am so going to miss him! I just love him to pieces.

Next up on Get Real, this week's Top 10 perform on Get Real plus the last two courses on Top Chef Masters. Stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment