Welcome back to Get Real!
First to go is The Fashion Show.

The designers were told to meet at 36th & 10th street for their Harper’s Bazaar mini-challenge. And they were told to get there ASAP. The designers had to work in pairs ,which was determined by the color of thread they pulled out of a bag. And now the drama ensues. Wouldn’t you know that the main divas of the day, Reco and Daniella, had to work together?! Ah, I love it.
The challenge was that some of the Harper’s Bazaar interns went out last night and didn’t have a chance to go home before coming into work the next morning. So, needless to say, they looked toe up! It was like a career walk of shame. They needed to change the girls’ outfits from party-ready to ready-to-work. They could take items from the girls’ clothes or any items found in the “Lost and Found” boxes. Becki Newton of Ugly Betty fame was the surprise guest judge for the challenge.
I gotta say that a lot of the designers were really creative with their looks. Merlin and Johnny gave their girl a cute Grecian-style one shoulder top, which was really a scarf. And Johnny was the main designer in this challenge, which was surprising because she looked cute and Johnny is so stupid and lame most of the time. Haven and Anna didn’t change a lot but accessorized their girl’s outfit to look more work appropriate. James-Paul and Lidia also kept a lot of the original outfit but changed some of the layering so it was a bit more subtle and threw on a skirt over her super tight pants so they became more like leggings instead of pants. Unfortunately, or fortunately (!), Daniella and Reco did horrible. She looked really dowdy and not at all like a fashion magazine intern.
Johnny and Merlin won, and though I don’t like them much, I was happy they won. They clearly did the best with the challenge.
Then the designers were immediately introduced to their new “boss” for the elimination challenge: Isaac! All this time, the designers were in Isaac’s studio. Their challenge was to create a look for his new collection. All the designers had as their inspiration was Isaac’s mood board, which showed different fabric swatches, photos, and textures.
And here is where the drama continues…the designers would be staying in their same pairs for the challenge!! Ah, I love it. I just hope that Daniella and Reco try to out-diva each other! They were only given 8 hours to complete their challenge, which is nothing! Merlin and Johnny got a 5 minute consultation with Isaac as their prize for winning the mini-challenge.
This is why I could never be a designer! I don’t see sequined fabrics and plaids and fish scales and African themes as being a cohesive line! But somehow it works out but it’s something I could never conceive. I’m just so lucky to have shows like this where I get to watch others succeed and fail in their creative areas!
Veronica Webb joined the judge’s panel this week and I do not envy their job. I think that all of the designs were good this week…except for Lidia’s and James-Paul’s. Haven’s and Anna’s shorts, coat, and top were beautiful! And they did well with channeling Isaac’s mood board. Although, Merlin and Johnny did a wonderful job with their construction, especially with the plaid skirt! It was gorgeous!
The top two teams were just as I expected! Anna & Haven and Merlin & Johnny had the best designs. Veronica Webb loved all of the elements, and she should know since she is his muse! I think what worked for these two teams was that they worked so well with each other! Not one person took over a major role over the other and they collaborated together. And the winners were…Anna and Haven!! Finally Anna won! Whew!
James-Paul and Lidia had a hard time justifying their design since it was so poorly designed and constructed. The dress had a horrible shape and made the model look a lot wider and curvier (though not in a good way!) than she actually is. I mean, if a model who supposedly has a perfect body can’t look good in the outfit then how will a real woman look good in it?
Reco and Daniella were also ripped apart on their design. I admit that Reco’s top was gorgeous and the detail was very nice but that’s about as good as it gets. I really don’t like either of them but I would hate for Daniella to go home over her inability to work with Reco. I would rather she go home on her own accord!
In the end, Lidia went home and I can’t say I’m surprised or upset. I never really got a real aesthetic from her or any idea about how she is as a designer. And her dress was just hideous! Now I just have to wait for Reco and Daniella to screw up on their own before I get to see them eliminated.
Now it’s time for the results of So You Think You Can Dance.

The show started with Cat looking super chic in this season’s must-have fashion ensemble, a crisp white suit. Then the remaining 18 dancers performed a fantastic contemporary routine from the ever wonderful Mia Michaels. The dancers all had this wonderful Maori-like face paint and then they were decked out in black tuxedo suits. Naturally, Brandon wasn’t featured at all, and I like that!
The first three couples on the stage were Melissa & Ade, Caitlin & Jason, and Philip & Janine. Of course, the wonderful Melissa & Ade were safe once again! But which of the remaining couples would be in the bottom three? Caitlin & Jason. Meaning that Philip & Janine are safe for another week. So I was right in that Philip and Janine both have enough of a following to get them through a tough week.
Up next for their results were Brandon & Janette, Karla & Jonathan, and Ashley & Kūpono. Stupid Brandon & Janette were safe. Ugh, come on America! Though, I guess I can’t complain too much if I don’t actually vote myself. Karla & Jonathan were saved this week after their amazing and beautiful routine, which left Ashley & Kūpono in the bottom. This makes me sad because I love them and their first piece was so perfect. I hope they each do well in their solos.
The final three couples were on the stage next. And we were surprised with a little glimpse of Evan’s brother, Ryan, the tap master, making it straight to Vegas after his audition! Oh, I can’t wait until the next season to see him!! So, the remaining couples were Evan & Randi, Asuka & Vitolio, and Max & Kayla. I don’t know if any of these couples should be in the bottom. If it were up to me, then I would have Max & Kayla go to the bottom. But that would mean that Kayla would be competing against Ashley and Caitlin, who I both like. And the judges just love Kayla for some reason and I know there is no way that they would let her go. Naturally, Evan & Randi were safe. Asuka & Vitolio were safe and my wish/nightmare came true with Max & Kayla being in the bottom.
After a professional Bollywood routine, all of the solos, and a performance from Kristinia DeBarge, it was time for the results. I think Kayla did the best out of the girls and I started to see what the judges were always saying about her. Jason was the best, for me, of the guys, though I did like Kūpono’s quirky solo as well. Oh, this was going to be hard! The girl to go home was Ashley. Though I really loved her last week and thought that she pulled her entire Hip Hop routine last night, I really didn’t want Caitlin to leave and I knew the judges would let Kayla leave. From the boys, Jason was saved right off the bat leaving it between Kūpono and Max. Thankfully, Max was sent home. He really was the weakest of the three guys. But this means now that Kayla & Kūpono would be a new couple next week!
Next up on Get Real, the newest episode of The Bachelorette! Stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment