Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust...Or Snow...

Welcome back to Get Real! Up for today is The Bachelorette, so let’s get started!


Jillian brought the ten remaining guys to Whistler, Canada. Jillian was still wracking her brain about what happened at the last rose ceremony and was wondering who might have a girlfriend.

After bringing the guys to their hotel, Jillian left the first date card for the guys. The first solo date was with Michael. I am still not too sure why she keeps him around. He seems very nice and crazy, for sure, but I feel like he will be too crazy for her and not someone that she can be with in the long run. Jillian took Michael zip-lining, which I feel is a perfect date for them. Michael seems very adventurous and spontaneous. I love how every date is like a new metaphor for love! Haha, who knew that zip-lining really means that you are committed and willing to take chances?! It was actually cute seeing them together but I still don’t know that he is ready to be in a real relationship with her. And unfortunately, with how fast this show goes, you need to decide if a really good date means marriage. At the end of the day, Michael and Jillian had a really nice dinner, but Jillian was not going to let Michael off the hook. She had lots of tough questions for him. I almost wasn’t sure if he would get the rose, but Jillian gave it to him in the end. I still am not sure about them as a couple, but I agree that she needs to spend more time with him to figure things out.

Before the date finished, the remaining guys for their group date cared it was for Wes, Robby, Kiptyn, Tanner, Ed, Jake, Reid, Mark. Jillian took these eight guys out snowmobiling and she was surely on a mission! She wanted to question all of the guys about what happened at the last rose ceremony. And good for her! I’m glad that she’s actually confronting the situation and not just letting it go unsaid and hoping it would work out.

It was pretty awkward when Jillian pulled each guy out because then all of the guys were left chatting with each other and they were totaling bashing the guy who she was with! First it was Robby and the guys were questioning his age and maturity. Jillian, too, wanted to know about his age and I think she got the answers she was looking for. Tanner broke up the time with Robby. He wanted to talk more with Jillian about the guys with a boyfriend and I wonder if he will actually give names. Of course, he didn’t and just told her that she needed to figure things out. This is something that a best guy friend says to you! If you are interested in a girl, you say something! Ugh.

And then Wes had time with her and told her about his new CD coming out. BUT Jillian didn’t think anything of it! He basically told her that he didn’t sign up for this and his sister did it for him and that he has been working on this album for a year and a half and she didn’t think anything was weird!! Ugh, I HATE him!

Jillian has some alone time with Kiptyn next and they are just so cute! She asked him to feel her butt for goodness sake! I think he could be there til the end because they are clearly into each other. I’m starting to like Reid more, too. He’s really cute and seems like a lot of fun.

Something seems a little weird with Ed, though. He was given an ultimatum by his boss on a conference call and he was basically told that he needed to choose between Jillian and his job. I feel bad because I like him and Jillian likes him. I feel like this could be a big deal breaker and he might decide to go home. Sad. Thankfully, Jillian give him the rose for the date and hopefully, this is just what he needed to decide to stay. I really hope he doesn’t leave.

Finally it was time for Jesse’s one-on-one date. He hasn’t had a lot of time with her and, before last week’s episode, I nearly forgot that he was still there. They seemed really cute together on the plan ride. Though, it was a little hard to tell at first if Jillian liked the glacier or Jesse more. You could definitely sense that Jesse was nervous, and that was a little endearing. I was surprised and glad, too, that Jesse had some good questions for her as well and it wasn’t just her wanting to know the important answers.

Ok, so now, with only ten guys left, all these new guys are appearing as good guys who are front runners and I do not envy Jillian and her decisions at all! How is she supposed to decide between the likes of Jesse, Ed, Jake, and Kiptyn?

Oh no, oh no! Now it’s time for the dreaded moment where Ed and Jillian need to have a talk. And he’s leaving!! Ugh, this is so heartbreaking! He was so good with her and they both liked each other so much. Aahhhh! This is so hard to watch and I wish that Ed would just change his mind. And I know that he thinks he’s doing the right thing, and maybe he is, but it just sucks! He was someone I never thought would be in the front and he ending up being one of my quick favorites!

There was no cocktail party this time and Jillian got right down to business. Since Ed decided to leave, only one guy would be leaving after the rose ceremony. In the end, she sent Mark home. I was really hoping that she would have chosen Wes to go home over Mark, but perhaps she is getting closer to noticing the real Wes.


Up next on Get Real, another helping on Top Chef Masters and the performance show of So You Think You Can Dance! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment