Monday, June 15, 2009

One Designer Down and Two Dancers To Go

Welcome back to Get Real! Finishing off last week’s shows are The Fashion Show and results of So You Think You Can Dance.


On The Fashion Show, the designers were introduced to Giuliana, a high school student running for ASB president in the Harper’s Bazaar mini-challenge. Each designer was given a high school “clique” to design a graphic tee for. The design would need to appeal to the clique and help get Giuliana votes. Some of the designers were really clever with their designs, but some totally did not connect with their clique. Daniella, who had the tree huggers clique, won the mini-challenge and won immunity.

For the runway challenge, the designers needed to create an adult look inspired by the same high school clique that they drew at random. Plus, the designers only had eleven hours to complete their designers.

Stupid Daniella with her immunity! Does she insist on complaining about every challenge she is in?! Look, why did you sign up to be on this show if you wanted to design things your way and so on? Ugh. And I am starting to lose my love for Angel. She just always seems confused by everything. First she couldn’t choose a shoe and now she’s fretting that she doesn’t know what a B-Girl is! And even though I think Merlin is kind of annoying, I do feel bad that he doesn’t know what a Mean Girl is since he grew up in Honduras.

Once again, Angel is barely able to finish her outfit on time. It was nice, though, that James-Paul helped her out.

Reco’s dress was a little too short in the front and looked too much like a night dress. James-Paul’s interpretation of preppy was fabulous! I liked Haven’s skater look as well and it was the first time that she sort of stepped up. And Anna, once again, did wonderfully but I don’t think that she will stand out.

As Fern Mallis mentioned, a lot of the designers were too literal in their designs. The top two designers were: Haven and Merlin. I was surprised that Merlin was in the top since his design seemed a little busy. On the other hand, Haven’s design was clearly a grown-up skater and would be fit for Gwen Stefani, if only it had more color. For some reason unknown to me, Merlin won instead of Haven. I only hope that Haven continues to grow since she did so well this week.

The bottom two designs belonged to Johnny and Angel. I am not surprised by either of this since neither of their outfits looked good. Angel was completely ripped apart by the judges for not knowing how to interpret hip hop. Kelley in particular seemed offended by Angel’s design. Johnny’s design was deemed unsellable by 90% of the audience. And Johnny’s defense was that he only wants to appeal to 10% of people and that not everyone understands his designs. I hope that the judges send Johnny home because he just seems to not care at all.

Reco decided that he hadn’t had enough screen time and made a stupid diva moment while the judges were deliberating. He is so annoying, I can’t stand it!

The judges were stupid and sent home Angel instead of Johnny. When are they going to learn that he doesn’t care and he will never learn or get better?! Ugh.

And now onto So You Think You Can Dance to see which two dancers are going home!


The show started with a fantastic group number, choreographed by Shane Sparks, to the Black Eyed Peas’ Boom Boom Pow. It was a wonderful hip hop routine that feature Tony, Phillip, and Caitlin (surprisingly).

Now it was time to see who was in the bottom three. The first three couples to find out their fate were Kayla & Max, Evan & Randi, and Jeanine & Phillip. I can’t even believe that one of these couples would be in the bottom three! I thought they all did soooo good! Kayla & Max were the first couple saved, then it was Evan & Randi. So what about Jeanine & Philip? They were safe too! Phew!

Then it was time for the next four couples. Caitlin & Jason were the next saved couple. They were followed by Melissa & Ade. So the stage was left with Ashley & Kūpono and Tony & Paris. I think one of these couples will be in the bottom. Tony has votes from the girls but I don’t know if the audience understood Ashley & Kūpono’s routine. So, the first couple in the bottom is Tony & Paris.

The final couples on the stage were Asuka & Vitolio, Brandon & Janette, and Jonathan & Karla. The next couple in the bottom was Asuka & Vitolio, which was not surprising to me. Brandon & Janette were safe, meaning that Jonathan & Karla were the last couple in the bottom three.

While the bottom six dancers prepared their solos, we were graced with a professional tango performance.
Finally it was time to see the solos of the bottom six as they danced for their lives. Out of all the solos, I think the best was Vitolio’s and I was surprised by that since we haven’t seen much of him before the Top 20. My predictions on who goes home are Paris and Jonathan.

While the judges deliberate on who would be sent home, Sean Kingston performed. I have already expressed how much I hate when things like this happen on results shows so I am fast forwarding and getting to the results. First came the results for the girls – Karla was saved first and then Asuka, meaning that Paris was sent home. I am totally bummed because I was looking forward to seeing more of her once I saw her at Vegas week. Then it was time for the guys – the judges didn’t like any of the guys’ routines but they saved Vitolio first. And in the biggest shocker of the night, Tony was sent home. I loved this kid and I’m sad to see him go.


Next up on Get Real, another installment of The Bachelorette. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment