Thursday, June 11, 2009

Speak Up Or Forever Lose Jillian...

Welcome back to Get Real! I am finally in the same week as the shows I’m writing about! Today’s feature is the scandalous new episode of The Bachelorette.



So let’s see how Jillian handles the news that some of the guys might have girlfriends…

The guys were told that there would be a solo date, a group date, and a two-on-one date. But that wasn’t the best part…they were then told that they were going to Vancouver, Jillian’s hometown, for a visit!

Jillian greeted the guys in Vancouver and showed them to their hotel. When she left them , she also left the first date card, which revealed that Kiptyn would be getting the solo date this week. Yay for the cute San Diego boy! I think this will be a good test to see if there is more than just a physical attraction with him. They had a fun kayaking and cooking date that I feel is actually a real date that Jillian would have outside of the show – no fancy, schmancy helicopters, concerts, etc., just a day at the store and doing outdoorsy things. They were very cute and couple-y the entire time which was super adorable. In the beginning, I just thought of Kiptyn as a hot surfer guy but on this date I got to see his softer side and I can really see Jillian being with him. He’s super cute and you can tell that they are both just totally into each other!

While the rest of the guys were waiting around in the hotel, the next date card came for David, Ed, Jake, Jesse, Juan, Michael, Reid, Robby, Tanner P., and Wes. That means that Mike and Mark are left for the dreaded two-on-one date and that one of them is definitely going home. The group date was a curling date. The guys were split into teams and the winning team would get to go on a dinner date with Jillian. The teams were Reid, Wes, Ed, Michael, and Tanner P on the Blue Team and Jake, David, Jesse, Robby, and Juan on the Red Team. And, after a power shot from Jesse, the Red Team were the winners! Poor Michael wanted to win so bad and was actually being really cute with Jillian, despite how annoying he is.

On their dinner date, Jillian had good conversations with Jake and Jesse. BUT then she had some alone time with David and she started to see his real side. I wish she could have just sent him home right away after that time because he was so inappropriate with her! It was really offensive, actually, and she said the same thing herself! Ugh, he’s majorly gross.

Finally, it was time for the two-on-one date with Mark and Mike. I am sincerely hoping that she gives Mike the rose because I barely even remember who Mark is! I was surprised he even got a rose last week. Right from the beginning, Mike was out to impress Jillian. He ran out to see her and then he sat in between them in the helicopter so it was more like Mark was the brother who was tagging along rather than someone who is dating Jillian. However, I think he was starting to lay it on a little thick and it looked like he was trying too hard. In the end, Jillian gave the rose to Mark. And while I was upset, by the end of the date, I thought that neither of them were right for her and no matter who she gave the rose to, neither of the guys would be staying much longer.

Then the remaining guys joined Jillian for a cocktail party. And this is when the claws came out. I swear, the guys are worse than the girls on The Bachelor! Reid started out with saying that some of the guys are not who they appear when they are not around her. The Tanner P. revealed in a confessional that Wes told him that he had a girlfriend back home (!). And then Jake and Tanner P. both hinted to Jillian that there are guys there for the wrong reasons.

Jillian then confronted all of the guys and told them that the cocktail party was over because of all the rumors going around. Naturally, some guys were pissed that their time with Jillian was taken away. And some guys were probably shocked because you know they were thinking that she could have been talking about them.

Before Jillian would start the rose ceremony, Chris and Jillian confronted all of the men again. And boy, was it awkward. Of course, none of the guys were willing to say anything. A lot of guys said that they wanted to know who it was and some of the guys wanted to know who was the snitch. I’m glad that both Chris and Jillian respected the integrity of those guys who mentioned things to her. So, the whole thing was left with no resolution and Jillian still needed to make a decision.

In the end, Jillian sent David and Juan home. At least she was able to see through both of them. Now she just needs to see the real side of Wes and we can be assured that the rest of the guys there are good! Poor Jillian, though. It doesn’t seem like next week is going to get much better. It seems like there is a lot more drama to come.

Next up on Get Real, the premiere of Top Chef Masters and the first performance show of So You Think You Can Dance! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment