
The first city was Atlanta and sitting in with Nigel and Mary was Lil’ C!!
Billy Bell went first and he had only been dancing for 5 years! I don’t think you could tell at all because he was really good. At least, I thought so. The judges thought so, too, and he went straight to Vegas.
Turns out Atlanta has a lot of good dancers but none of them are performers! How frustrating. But some who did have performance ability was a guy named Travis who was on The Wade Robson Project. I remember watching that show and thinking he was not so bad but now I feel greatly ashamed by that thought.
Things started looking up after that with some really beautiful and amazing performances. And finishing off the night was Anthony and Antwain Hart, twins who have auditioned before. After choreography, only Anthony made it to Vegas, which is really sad because I think Antwain was the better performer but he couldn’t pick up the choreography.
Matthew “Boogie Links” Pollard started off Day Two, and it almost seemed like he was more interested in picking up ladies than perfecting his dancing. Jessica Jensen took the stage next and she only had one hand due to a rare form a cancer she had a year and a half ago. She’s clearly a good dancer and I wonder how her disability would affect any choreography for her.
Jonathan Bryant thought his solo was dope and that his personality was just so alive that he would be a standout. He may have the personality but he doesn’t have the dance ability. And his “personality” is really just masked arrogance! Needless to say, he didn’t make it to choreography or Vegas.
Moving a bit west, the auditions made their way to New Orleans and the guest judges on this leg were Adam Shankman and Lil’ C.
Shelby “Skips” Skiper took the stage first and showed off the New Orleans Bounce. It was definitely interesting to watch and something completely new. Naturally, Lil’ C was loving it. He made it straight to Vegas but I don’t know how well he will do with other types of choreography. And things seemed to be on a roll for New Orleans.
Ugh, “life of the party” Eric Le Blanc was actually pretty entertaining in his solo. But his energy, manufactured by 6 energy drinks a day, is clearly just a mask for something else. Ugh, it’s too much and I need him to get off the stage right now.
I gotta say that I like how this year’s choreography round was ballroom based. Because I feel like this is the hardest style for other dancers to master and it’s a good way to tell how they might do in Vegas week.
Kimalee Piedad introduced a new style of ballroom to the show by performing Theatre Arts. It’s basically like Ice Dancing minus the ice and the skates. It was really beautiful and showed her strength incredibly. She went straight to Vegas and I think she could be a really strong contender.
No comments:
Post a Comment