Finally, there's a threat to the Voltaggio brothers on Top Chef.

Greeting the chefs this week was Paul Bartolotta, a celebrated Italian cuisine chef. He introduced their Quick Fire Challenge of reinventing the TV dinner based on a popular TV show. Michael V. had Cheers, Jennfer had The Flintstones, Robin had Sesame Street, Eli had Gilligan's Island, Kevin had The Sopranos, Bryan had Mash, and Michael I. had Seinfeld.
Jennifer failed on her dish, as she knew she would, as did Robin. I really want Robin to go home but Jennifer is killing me with her mistakes! Bryan and Kevin were on the top this week and both of them are proving to be forces to be reckoned with. Kevin ended up winning and I think he could be a real threat to breaking up the Voltaggio brothers in the finals.
For their Elimination Challenge, the shefs would get to cook in craftsteak, which is Tom Coliccio's kitchen!! Naturally, they thought they would be cooking meats and steaks since he owns a steakhouse. Robin is dreading this challenge and that bodes well for my wishes to send her home.
The chefs were in for another surprise...Natalie Portman was in town and thwy would be cooking for her! But the real surprise is that she's a vegetarian, which is a little tricky for a steakhouse. This really threw the chefs for a loop but some were more confident than others. Robin, for example, was so confident, that she cooked a dish that she's never done before!
Robin dind't get all of her plates completed and missed the garbonza beans on three plates. However, her main issue was a too salty seasoning. Eli had a radish salad and some eggplants with smokey lentils. Michael V.'s dish was beautiful to look at and Natalie seemed to live the tastes of it. Jennifer, once again, was not confident in her dish. Ugh, and she was saucing the plated with a shaky hand and got sauce everywhere. Michael I. seemed so ecstatic to be serving for Natalie but his execution was not up to par. Bryan really messed up and didn't finish his plating, leaving a very bare plate. It looked like garnish!! But his dish did inspire some double entendres for the amusement of the dinner guests. Kevin's dish certainly isn't pretty to look at but I bet it's delicious.
None of the chefs really wowed this week and it's going to be hard to choose a winner and a loser. Kevin, Michael V., and Eli were called out at this week's best chegs. I think Michael V. has this one in the bag. Ooh, but Kevin won! I think it was probably a close call between Michael and Kevin. This just goes to prove that Kevin is definitely a threat to the brothers.
On the flip side, Robin, Jennifer, and Michael I. fell into the bottom. Michael I. hit some criticism for not having a protein on the plate. Robin just kept talking and talking! She does not know when to stop talking and she doesn't know how to cook either. Jennifer didn't really have anything to say about her dish becuase she knew it was crap. Oh, Mike was sent home! I still wish Robin had gone home but Michael I. was never my favorite.

No comments:
Post a Comment