Thursday, October 29, 2009

a weight loss face-off

The Biggest Loser was a night of major losses both in pounds and in teammates.



Rudy found himself shocked when Dina didn't come back through the doors after elimination. He was sad but it seemed like it was a team decision. But the Blue Team knew that this team had planned to send her home all along.

Alison told the contestants that each person would be weighing-in head-to-head with a person of the opposite team. They face-off of the scale and whoever lost the most percentage would win a point for them team. The team with the fewest points at the end would be sent to the elimination room.

So, who got to choose the face-offs? Whoever won the Pop Challenge! Each team had a limbo-style bar and two small disks hanging above them. A member from each team would need to bob under the bar and hit the disks. Only one person from each team could compete at once and they could only compete once durig the entire competition. The first team to make 500 hits would win.

Tracey and Abby faced off first with Abby really making a lead. But she started feeling injured again and stopped at 20 hits. Shay took her place and went to 104 while Tracey finished her 100 hits and traded with Allen. When Shay finished, Danny took over but his slower pace allowed Allen to take a lead. Amanda started picking up the pace for the Black Team and outlast Liz on the Blue Team. So, Rudy took over for Liz and it was a battle between him and Amanda. She did a good job of keeping up, but the Black Team left Daniel to finish the last 150 points! When the Blue Team hit 400 points, Rebecca came in to finish it off. And finish it she did!

The Blue Team's win allowed them to make the choice of the face-offs for the weigh in. This is what they chose: Rebecca vs. Amanda, Tracey vs. Abby, Allen vs. Danny, Rudy vs. Shay, Liz vs. Daniel. Hmm, this should be interesting! I personally like the Blue Team more but I hope that Tracey loses her weigh-in because I like Abby more.

Amanda just completely lost it and broke down.I'm not sure what happened. I don't know if it was the pressure of the face-off or knowing that she really was starting to make a difference in her life and there was no turning back.

The contestants met Alison at a baseball diamond and received a message from Derek Jeter. Scattered around the outfield were 2000+ baseballs that they needed to collect and throw at the larger-than-life-sized photos of their opponents. Once a team member had 316 baseballs in their photo booth, they were out of the game. Abby and Tracey needed to sit out again on this challenge.

The first player out was Allen, followed by Amanda. Rebecca was out next and then Daniel. That left Shay, Danny, Liz, and Rudy still in the game. Sweet little Liz was the sole remaining Blue Team member left after Rudy was picked off. I am starting to get really annoyed with Shay and her "underdog" talk. The Black Team won their first challenge and their prizes were a cooked lunch from Curtis Stone and a 2-pound advantage.

While Abby was working out, I think I saw the most human moment from Jillian. She stopped Abby from exercising to ask her how she was doing and Jillian just talked to her as another person and not as her trainer.

Now it's time for the weigh in and here's how it broke down:
Rebecca vs. Amanda
Amanda: -4 pounds; plus 2-pound advantage
Rebecca: -9 pounds
+1 point Blue Team
Tracey vs. Abby
Abby: -3 pounds
Tracey: -5 pounds
+1 point Blue Team
Allen vs. Danny
Danny: -12 pounds
Allen: -8 pounds
+1 point Black Team
Liz vs. Daniel
Daniel: -5 pounds
Liz: -7 pounds
+1 point Blue Team - Blue Team officially wins weigh-in
Rudy vs. Shay
Shay: -9 pounds
Rudy: -14 pounds - lost 101 pounds in 7 weeks!
+1 point Blue Team

So, it was a dramatic night with Tracey now under 200 pounds, Rudy lost over 101 pounds with Dane there to see his record broken, and now Abby sacrificing herself. I really hope that she doesn't go home because I just love her! I think Daniel needs to go home. Obviously something is not working for him here and maybe he needs to figure that out on his own.

At elimination, Abby was certainly expecting to go home. I really hoped that her teammates would have gone against her wished but they didn't and Abby was sent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment