Tuesday, October 20, 2009

it takes an osmond to tango

Passion and power reigned on the dance floor on DWTS.


Oh no!! What the heck is going on with Samatha’s hair?! It looks like some awful cavewoman style. All she needs to do is wear Logan’s outfit from Project Runway and she would have a pretty convincing Halloween costume there!

Back to the dancers, each couple would be dancing two dances this week! They would be dancing either an Argentine Tango or a Paso Doble and then the group Hustle.

Taking the floor first was Natalie & Alec with a Paso Doble. Hmm, I gotta say that the song this week really hurt them. It was just not a Paso Doble song and I think it sort of made all of the choreography seem a little gimmicky. They danced to American Woman and the song was so upbeat and fun that their serious attitude while dancing just didn’t fit. They scored a 22/30 which is a bit lower than last week but still not too bad.

Aaron & Karina narrowly missed elimination last week and they are hoping that their Argentine Tango will keep them safe this week. Wow, I have to say that this was really good! It definitely had that mature sexiness that Karina was trying to get out of Aaron and the choreography itself was quite amazing. Aww, and he was so nervous to get the judges results! They got a 24/30 which is a pretty good upgrade from last week.

Undoubtedly the weakest pair in the competition, Michael & Anna took on a Paso Doble. Another really horrible song for the Paso Doble but much better danced. This was by far Michael’s best dance and for perhaps the first time ever, I thought Anna’s choreography was good! HAHA! Michael actually put a nickel between his butt cheeks to get the right posture for the dance and he gave it to Bruno as a momento of sorts. Everything definitely seemed to pay off because he received a 21/30 which is their best score of the season.

The Argentine Tango should be a piece of cake for Mýa & Dmitry. After all, she was in Chicago and the style of her main number in the movie is not so different from this. No surprises here. It was fantastic and Dmitry definitely knows how to choreograph a Tango. After all, he was nominated for an Emmy for his tango involving fellow pro Chelsie on SYTYCD. They received a 27/30 and I am just waiting now for that perfect 30 dance.

Mark & Lacey danced the Paso Doble and they surely went for theatrics! But I think it played really well because I think this was certainly Mark’s best dance. He was strong, confident, powerful, and sexy – just like what a man should be when dancing the Paso! They scored a 26/30 which is way up there for this couple.

Donnie & Kym danced the Argentine Tango this week and I sincerely hope that he can pull off the passion required for this dance. This dance really showed how good of a dancer Kym is! And Donnie did really well with keeping up with everything. I think he is just getting better and better. WOW! With the highest score so far, they received a 29/30 with two tens from Carrie Ann and Bruno!

Aww, the sweetest little couple ever, Louie & Chelsie, danced an Argentine Tango and I hope that the honest chemistry these two have translates on the dance floor. Well, it certainly did. It was the most intimate they had been on the dance floor yet and it was almost just too much to handle. Sure, I might be a bit biased because I just love these two but it was just so perfect. These two jumped 6 points from last week, scoring a 22/30.

Melissa & Mark had the Argentine Tango also but ran into some problems when Mark got sick during rehearsals. I hope that doesn’t bring them down this week! They had some big shoes to fill after last week bit I think these two are working better as a pair after it because they were incredibly in sync with each other. Hmm, I didn’t see any missed steps that Bruno was talking about. They scored a 23/30 which drops them a bit from last week but not too much.

It looks like the guyliner proved popular for Kelly & Louis because he wore it again for the Paso Doble! Oooh, they danced to one of Ozzy’s songs and I think that totally helped with the performance because it was so high energy. She’s continuing to grow each week and the fans really seem to love her. She got a 24/30 which is her highest score yet.

A new partnership was formed this week for the last Argentine Tango of the night. With Derek Hough out sick, Maks filled in as Joanna’s partner. Well, she certainly had the femme fatale character down and it sure was nice to see Maks back on the dance floor! It was a little shaky in some places but they did pretty well under the circumstances. Wow, they still got a 24/30 even after a major misstep in the routine.

And finishing of the night was the group Hustle. It was fun to see all of the costumes. It really felt like a 70s era variety show! Aw, it really was super cute.

Predictions: Sadly, I think Louie & Chelsie may be going home. But I still love them so!

No comments:

Post a Comment