Tuesday, October 13, 2009

forbidden dancing not so exciting

Four new dances on DWTS could lead to some crazy performances!


Dancing first were Chuck & Anna and they had the Two-Step. Ooh, and they can do lifts this week! I bet this pair will do some good lifts since Chuck is so strong. I feel like this was right at home for Chuck – he looked so comfortable this week! Super cute and I think his best performance so far. I think the judges liked it well enough but I suppose that his dancing ability is not as much up to par compared to some of his competitors. Hmm, he got a 17/30 which is not so good but I hope he makes it through to next week!

Melissa & Mark took to the floor with a Charleston! I don’t know if I am feeling Mark’s moustache. It’s a little creepy and a little too much like a villain in a Dudley Do-Right cartoon! Oh cute, they made it like a black and white theme on the screen! It was very vaudeville and I loved it! Ooh, this was by far Melissa’s best dance! She was just living it up and totally believable – so cute! Wow, she got her first 10 from Bruno and she ended up with a 28/30!

The first couple to dance the Bolero was Natalie & Alec. I have no idea what a Bolero is or how it is supposed to look. Well, it was certainly beautiful to watch and it looked like they danced it well but what do I know?! Haha, Bruno told her to channel her inner Sharon Stone à la Basic Instinct to get sexier. Well, I liked it! She got a 24/30 which is a really good score so I think she will surely be safe for the week.

Aaron & Karina danced the Lambada, also known as “the forbidden dance.” Seeing how shaky he was last week with the Rumba, I’m not sure how sexy he will be in the Lambada. Hmm, he looked a little silly ding this dance. If I’m not mistaken, this dance is like what Patrick Swayze did behind closed doors in Dirty Dancing. Well, he was no Patrick Swayze in my opinion. But his confidence did seem to be back after last week. The judges were not so impressed either and gave them an 18/30. Ouch.

The second Two-Step of the night belonged to Mark & Lacey. Ooh, his family came to visit and he has the three cutest little kids ever!! It was a little stiff and it looked like Mark was anticipating each move too much. I think it was better than last week but not his best. Hmm, the judges seemed to like it more than I thought they would. Looks like Mark will live another week after receiving a 22/30.

In what looks like it could be a Cabaret moment, Kelly & Louis took on the Charleston. Ooh, and I was right, it is from Cabaret! I didn’t know that Kelly auditioned for the lead in Chicago on Broadway and got it but was given a different role since she couldn’t dance. I am really looking forward to this! Aw, well it was certainly very cute. She got a 23/30 and I think she will certainly be here next week.

Gross, Joanna & Derek got the Lambada. Why is she always getting the sexy dances?! She doesn’t always dance the best but she’s just naturally sexy so she doesn’t even need to try to dance. I hope she doesn’t skate by on this one again. Okay, this definitely had the sexiness and rauchiness that I think Bruno and Len were looking for. And I have to give Joanna some credit because she actually danced this one pretty well. I would still like to see her dance a non-sexy dance and see how well she fares. And without knowing too much about what a Lambada is, I think they got it completely right. They received a 26/30 and I’m surprised they didn’t get a perfect 30!

Dancing the last Charleston of the evening was Donnie & Kym. I think this dance is right up Donnie’s alley because I can completely imagine this as being something he and Marie would have done during their variety show days. Oh, it was so cute and darling. Very good, indeed. They got a 24/30 which was perhaps a bit generous since I don’t think it was better than Kelly’s dance.

Last week’s lowest scoring couple, Michael & Anna, danced the Bolero next. Tony Dovolani came to help Michael and it made me realize how much I miss Tony on the show!! Please producers, get him a better partner next season! Overall, it was not a bad performance but it made me realize how much I really don’t like the pro, Anna. She’s just so boring and I hate her choreography. They received a 16/30 and this puts them at the bottom of the board once again.

Yay, my faves Louie & Chelsie are dancing the Two-Step! And for a little lesson, they went to Ty Murray’s ranch. I just want to eat them up, they are so cute. Hmm, I’m not sure how much actual Two-Stepping was in there but it was fun to watch. I have a feeling that they are going to get a low score on this one. Well, I think they will still make it through to next week because everyone just loves them. So, they ended up with a 16/30 and that keeps them tied for the bottom.

Of course, Mýa & Dmitry are dancing the Lambada and I’m sure it’s going to be fantastic. Woah, the make-up department went a little grease happy on Mýa’s body! I can’t believe I am saying this but I liked Joanna & Derek’s Lambada better than this one. I thought they would have completely knocked this one out of the park but I felt like all of the sexiness was too contrived. Maybe I’m wrong but we’ll see what the judges say. The judges seemed to love it but I’m not so convinced. I feel like she is becoming like last season’s Gilles where the judges are just too mesmerized by her. So, she got a 28/30 which tied her with Melissa & Mark for the top of the leaderboard.

Predictions for tomorrow: I think Michael & Anna will be sent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment