Tuesday, October 27, 2009

mambo marathon madness!

With two weeks of double eliminations looming, the stars on DWTS stepped it up to marathon status!


Dancing the first Jitterbug of the night was Mýa & Dmitry. Will she be able to show some personality in this dance? Ugh, at least 30 seconds in the beginning of the dance were wasted to nonsense and "storytelling"! And Mýa was thinking too much about it that it didn't really come off as being genuine. Bruno must have been watching a different dance than everyone else because he loved it while I completely agree with Carrie Ann's and Len's comments. They ended up with a 24/30 which I think was better than she deserved.

Melissa & Mark took the stage next with a Waltz. Hmm, it seemed a little stiff and not flowy enough. I think this could put them in serious danger. But she did look beautiful. Unfortunately, that just isn’t enough to get great scores. None of the judges particularly loved the performance and I can’t say that I blame them! Needless to say, they didn’t do so well with the scores because they received a 20/30.

Mark & Lacey danced a Jitterbug next and gosh was it just the cutest thing ever. It was just crazy full of energy and I think he just keeps getting better and better.The judges just loved it and gave them 26/30 which is the best of the night so far!

Bottom Two feeders Aaron & Karina had the Waltz this week and you know they were hoping to redeem themselves with this dance. Haha, Aaron kinda looked like Yu-Gi-Oh on the dance floor! But he danced really well and I think it was a really beautiful Waltz. I think this dance could definitely boost his scores and audience votes. They got a 25/30 which is really good! But I’m still waiting for that one perfect 30 dance to come and hopefully it comes tonight.

The pair of nine lives, Michael & Anna, somehow managed to live another week in this competition and danced a Waltz this week. I’m not so sure that Michael will be able to pull off the elegance needed for a Waltz. Ugh, and I hated Anna’s dress. Aww, he is just so fun to watch and he seems so happy! He did better than I expected him to but the judges were left a little confused. For once, Len loved the dance with Carrie Ann and Bruno were not so pleased. The duo scored a 20/30 which really puts them in danger.

Kelly & Louis had the Jitterbug and I think she will really well with this dance! It certainly was cute but I think a little safe. Maybe that was due to Kelly’s foot injury. It could have been better but I think it was a good effort. She just needs to stop being so scared about performing and she will win this competition! Oh no, the judges scores put her at a 20/30 which is no good at all.

Eek, my favorite cutsie couple of the season, Louie & Chelsie, have the Jitterbug this week and I greatly hope that Louie can finally make it this week. Oh, well it was certainly very cute and high energy. But I think Chelsie fell in the middle of it! And they kissed at the end…so cute! Hmm, they got a 21/30 which is not the worst so perhaps they have some life in them yet.

After last week’s stumble, Joanna & Derek are hoping to make their way back up the leader board. I think it was probably the best Waltz of the night but still nothing perfect score worthy. They tied for the top spot with a 26/30 and only one couple left to dance.

Last week’s highest scoring couple, Donny & Kym, took on the Jitterbug this week and I can just bet that it’s going to be good. Gosh it was cute and exactly what a Jitterbug should be! I think this could that perfect dance I’ve been waiting all season for!! But alas, it was wishful thinking. They only got a 24/30 and I think they deserved a higher score.

And now for the Mambo Marathon! So, this is going to be typical dance competition style where all couples dance at once and when a coupe receives a tap on the shoulder that means they’re out. The first couple out gets 2 points and the last couple standing gets 10 points. Here is how the marathon broke down:

  • Michael & Anna: +2 points
  • Louie & Chelsie: +3 points
  • Melissa & Mark: +4 points
  • Kelly & Louis : +5 points
  • Mark & Lacey : +6 points
  • Donny & Kym: +7 points
  • Aaron & Karina: +8 points
  • Mýa & Dmitry: +9 points
  • Joanna & Derek: +10 points

Now, I have to slightly disagree with the judges’s choices. I think that Aaron & Karina were the best and Mýa & Dmitry didn’t actually do that much and weren’t trying all that hard.

Predictions for tomorrow: Michael will get the lowest score and Louie will lose the dance battle to Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment