
Ugh, I am so sick of Tracey. "Oh, I'm so happy to be on a treadmill." I seriously hate every word that comes out of her mouth!
For the first challenge, the teams would have to find all of their four keys hidden somewhere in the sand. And they would need all four of the keys to open the four locks on the treasure chests. Since Tracey and Abbey still needed to sit out due to injuries, the Black Team needed to choose another player to sit out. Amanda volunteered herself since she doesn't like sand, haha! The teams had no idea what they were going to be playing for, but they just knew that it was going to be a big reward.
After 10 minutes, no one had gotten their keys yet. I didn't know that the keys were inside boxes that were really deep! Danny was the first to get his box out of the sand after 20 minutes of digging! Once he unlocked his lock, he went to help Daniel open his box. Alan was smart to help Rudy after he got his key because now both Rudy and Alan can help the other Blue Team members to get out their boxes. That paid off when they got to Liz's case next and then all three went to help out Rebecca. With 40 minutes gone by, Rebecca opened the last lock for the Blue Team to find out that their prize was...
Tickets Home! If they wanted them. They got to choose to take them, as a team, or give them to the Black Team. So, they decided to send the Black Team home to see their families for a whole week. Danny was right when he said it was a sweet pain. Yes, they would get to see their families but that meant they wouldn't get to have their trainers for a whole week. This should be interesting.
But, before we get to the strategic pitfalls of these trips, the waterworks were on full blast as the contestants created their families. I didn't even know that Shay was married and had step-children!
Back at the ranch, the Blue Team had a major workout with Bob! I hope that they do well this week so that they don't lose the weigh-in and look stupid for sending the other team home. Though it looks like the Black Team is staying pretty motivated while at home because they know the odds are against them. More than one player seemed to have an epiphany of sorts throughout the week and I hope that translates into good numbers for everyone.
Now it was time for the weigh-in and I think both teams are dreading it a bit. Here is how things broke down:
Blue Team
- Alan: -8 lbs.
- Rebecca: -5 lbs.
- Tracey: -4 lbs.
- Liz: -4 lbs.
- Rudy: -14 lbs.
- Total: -35 lbs.; 2.56% loss
Black Team
- Amanda: -6 lbs.
- Shay: -5 lbs.
- Abby: -4 lbs.
- Dina: -5 lb.
- Danny: -15 lbs.
- Daniel: +1 lbs.
- Total: -34 lb.; 1.98% loss
So, the Blue Team's choice proved to be a good one for them as the Black Team would be heading to elimination. Danny had the highest percentage of weight loss, so he had immunity for this elimination which made things a little bit better for him. It seems like the Black Team is not on the same page with their decisions, completely opposite from the Blue Team last week. Sadly, Dina was sent home. I think she kept to herself a little too much and wasn't as "inspirational" as Daniel was. I really hope for her sake that she can do this at home because she was just starting to get confidence and feel like she deserved to stay on the ranch.

No comments:
Post a Comment