Sunday, August 23, 2009

Eight is More Than Enough

It’s here! It’s here! But, before we get to the Project Runway premier, we have the All-Star Challenge with eight of the past seasons’ fan favorites!


Well, I think it’s a little unfair for Jeffrey Sebelia to be on this challenge because he won Season 3! But I did like him as a designer so it will be interesting. Yay, Daniel Vosovic is back!! I love him. Korto was back as well and the first thing she is saying is her complaining about not winning. Whatever, I still think Leanne was the best choice for last season. Uli!! Oh, I love Uli, too. Oh, and one of my all time favorites, Chris March, is back! He is so fantastic and I’m excited to hear his jolly laugh. Mychael Knight, also from Season 3, also appeared. I still never understood the hype over him during his season. Oh, and Sweet P…she’s great. Sometimes I didn’t like her designs but she definitely knocked some of her dresses out of the park. Oh, yes! And the final all-star is Santino! Really, you can’t have an all-star episode without Santino…he is the best, no matter how arrogant her may be.

Oh man…the designers needed to created a mini-collection of three looks! And the winner would get $100,000! Wow. They went out guns blazing on this one!

The new workspace for the designers is CULT studios. It sure is nice! One of the looks in their mini-collection needed to be red carpet-ready and they were given a budget of $1200 at Mood.

Oh, I love this. It’s like the excitement from Top Chef Masters where they are all already accomplished but I imagine that any cattiness will still be there. Love it. Oh, and I was right. Santino’s craziness is starting to get to the other designers. Not surprising, but at least Daniel V. will be somewhat used to it!

Tim had a surprise for the designers in the lounge! Nicole Kidman recorded a message for the designers and they found out that their red carpet dress was for the premier of Nine, Nicole’s newest movie, which is sure to be a major hit and Oscar Buzzworthy. All of the designers were ecstatic with this development, but I wonder if it changes any of their designs.

Uli and Sweet P get “fighting” because their designs and color palettes were so similar. I didn’t know they would be so similar but I think it has to do with Uli evolution from simple draping and bold prints to solids and structure. We shall see what happens in that match up.

Tim arranged a nice dinner for the designers but they were all complaining because it was taking time away from their looks. But there was another surprise for them….but perhaps not a good surprise. They were told they would get another day to work, which made the designers elated. But the reason for the extra day was because they needed to design another look! And that look needed to be taken from any material they could find in the restaurant they were in. Frankly, there were a lot of great materials in there and this will definitely be some good PR for STK. They only had 5 minutes to strip the place but they were told they could have 25% of their other fabrics in this new look to tie the collection together.

And now for the runway show! Michael Kors and Nina Garcia were back on the judging panel along with Diane Von Furstenberg. Santino’s collection was very tight and shiny…sometimes a little too tight, in my opinion. Once again, I was not digging Mychael’s collection, but I did like the teal color that he used. Uli once again showed that she is a master at the everyday women’s wear. And my favorite look of hers was the restaurant challenge look! Korto’s first pink dress was fantastic and her collection overall was very strong but still the regular Korto I remembered. Chris’s collection was very typical Chris and I loved every second of it! Daniel’s vision was not what I remember of him but there were interesting. However, I think I prefer the original Daniel much better. I loved Jeffrey’s jumpsuit but was not so excited about his other looks. Sweet P’s collection was so cute and I could see women wearing those designs for sure.

From the get-go, Santino, Mychael, Uli, and Jeffrey were sent packing as they had the lowest scores. Wow! Chris was so overwhelmed to be part of the Top 4 and I was so proud of him! Daniel’s red carpet dress was a smash hit and I can definitely see Nicole Kidman wearing it. And his collection was very focused, which is the most important thing for a collection. Korto’s entire collction was raved by the judges and her restaurant piece was loved by the judges. The judges all loved Sweet P’s collection and they knew right away that it was her collection coming down the runway.

So, who is the winner of Project Runway All Star Challenge?? Daniel Vosovic!! Hooray, he finally won! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment