
It’s the Final 4 on So You Think You Can Dance which means the final performances! And they are performing in the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, which is a new thing! So, there are tons of people there and the stage is just giant.
Joining the judges for this ever important performance night is Adam Shankman. Hopefully, this means that all of the fantastic choreographers will be displaying their work for us to see!
Wow, there were 3,000 people in the audience! That’s insane. I can’t believe that this many people showed up to see this finale. But this is so incredible that this show and dancers have become so popular.
The final four dancers all teamed together to do a Wade Robson routine! And it’s about two football players hitting on two cheerleaders. Cute! I liked that Wade actually incorporated real cheer moves in there. Good job Wade :)
Ooh, and I can’t wait for Season Six this fall! Eek…now I don’t have to wait a whole year!
Now onto the first couple of the night and, surprisingly, these two have never performed together before! Jeanine & Evan were paired together in a Contemporary piece from Sonya. Ugh, I so love Sonya’s choreography. Hmm, I really like this pair together. They were really powerful together and they had a really good chemistry with each other.Brandon performed his solo next. I so, so, so hope he doesn’t win. I’m just tired of him. I feel like he is the Adam Lambert of this season. Everyone has just been praising him and praising him from the beginning and while I admit there is talent I think there are people who are better and who have grown more.
Kayla & Brandon paired up next and they were given a Tyce Diorio Broadway number. I don’t know how this will be…I feel if Jeanine and Evan had this they would just knock it out of the park. I’m not sure if these two can do it justice. It started off pretty strong and I liked the 70’s vibe that was going on during the piece. But they started to lose synchronicity in the end.Why does it seem like the judges figure that either of these two will win? Hello! There are two other dancers and I personally would prefer either Jeanine or Evan to win.
Speaking of Jeanine, she took the stage with her solo next. Wow, so fantastic. She completely knows what her strengths are and it was just perfection.
It was a battle of the boys when Evan & Brandon teamed up for a Pop/Jazz routine with Laurieann Gibson. It was cute seeing Evan be a tough guy. He actually pulled it off pretty well. Poor Evan is just always being compared to everyone else but he is so unique. I love him to pieces.
Next it was the girls’ turn. Jeanine & Kayla got a Contemporary routine from the one and only Mia Michaels! I have to admit that my eyes were drawn to Jeanine the entire time. The piece was just fantastic though and they both danced it so well. Another winner for Mia and another for Jeanine, in my book!Evan’s solo was next and I was so excited for it. He has such great technique and he is so classic. Oh, he’s so cute and he’s incredibly unique. I know I say that all the time but it’s so true.
After just a short break, Evan joined Kayla for a Jive. Oh cute, it was a country themed dance! I thought it was pretty good. Oh, how sweet…the audience started chanting Evan’s name! Now, it definitely wasn’t the most dynamic routine of the night and I really don’t think people are going to want to vote for that as much as some of the other routines. But I thought it was really fun and didn’t disappoint.The last solo of the evening belonged to Kayla. I was actually looking forward to this solo from Kayla but I was left a little underwhelmed. I don’t think it was her best solo and she has definitely done better. Now, I haven’t always been the biggest fan of Kayla’s, but I like her now and I wish that she had done better in her solo.
For the final performance of the evening, Jeanine & Brandon paired up for a Paso Doble with Louis Van Amstel. Oh, this is going to be good, I can tell. It was absolutely the best routine to end the night. It was powerful, dynamic, well danced, and well choreographed. They got the final ride on the Hot Tamale train and they certainly deserved it. It’s definitely going to be down to these two.So, now it’s up to America. This is the only show that I will ever call in for but my votes are secret!
Next up on Get Real, we have the results show and we will find out is America's Favorite Dancer! Stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment