
I didn’t even know that the show was starting! But, luckily, my friend Rey told me that it was starting so I had time to TiVo it.
Nine new crews were introduced on this season premiere opener. The theme was “Crew’s Choice Challenge.” Each crew chose a song that represented their crew. After every three performances, the judges would choose two groups to move on to next week and then one crew that would face elimination later in the show.
The first crew up was Beat Ya Feet Kings from D.C. The main theme of this crew is a dance style called Beat Ya Feet which is similar to the Jerk but more localized to the DC area. It was definitely an interesting new dance style that for sure featured some interesting thing with their feet. But at times it looked sloppy and frantic. I’m not sure how the judges will feel. Shane Sparks, originally from SYTYCD fame, also thought it was a little sloppy. Lil Mama, who decided not to sport the ‘hat and pony’ style, agreed as did J.C. I have a feeling this group will be in the bottom at the end of the night.
Our next crew up was an all girl group called We Are Heroes. They are like Beat Freakz and Fanny Pack combined! I love it!! And these girls are strong, too. They totally brought it and didn’t leave anything behind. The judges loved it but Shane was just eating it up. Hmm, I think I will like this group.Afroborike was the next group and they are a salsa Cuban/Puerto Rican group from Las Vegas. Okay, what is bothering me about all of these groups is talking about how everyone has sacrificed things in their life to get to this show. Whatever!! Tired of it, just get to the dancing. This group is definitely good, but it reminded me too much of a group number from SYTYCD and not enough hit for a crew. They had some good partnering skills but I think they need some more group dancing.
The first crew to go into the sudden death face-off is Beat Ya Feet Kings meaning We are Heroes and Afroborike are safe and will be performing next week. This is exactly what I thought the results would be.
Now onto our next crew, Massive Monkees from Seattle. This is a standard B-Boy crew so they will naturally be popular but maybe too much of the same. I think it’s time a different type of crew win this show. Wow, they were really good and clearly had some good moves and strength in there.Another all girl group was next and it featured Donyelle from Season 2 of SYTYCD!! This group is called Artistry in Motion and they are from Hollywood. I think they had a good combination of Hip Hop and traditional dance skills in there. They are what so many other girl groups have tried to be in the past but they have never been able to pull it off until now.
The next group was Southern Movement from Nashville. I am a little worried about what this is going to be. It’s like a mixture of Hip Hop and country western dancing. It was actually a really good routine. These next three crews were all really good, so it’s going to be hard to choose which group would be in the bottom.
So who will be joining Beat Ya Feet Kings in the sudden death face-off? Southern Movement was in the bottom. But I honestly don’t think they have anything to worry about.
Rhythm City was the next group to take the stage. They were definitely good and were just a classic Hip Hop group. They had a lot of really good energy and they will be a front runner in this competition for sure.The next group up was FR3SH. I liked that they were saying they shouldn’t be compared to Kabba Modern or So Real Cru just because their Asian. Now, this crew is from Jersey so I could easily have a prejudice against them from the beginning but I am willing to give them a chance. And they are good for sure!
Our last crew of the night was Vogue Evolution. This crew is like a group of Benny Ninjas! They could be really good or just too different. Well, it was definitely fabulous! But I think the judges will think it’s frantic and sloppy, because it was, frankly. I don’t know how well they will be able to adapt to some of the challenges of the show if they make it, but they could be interesting. And can I just say that Laimy is a beautiful woman?! I never would have thought that she was transgendered.
The final crew going to the sudden death face-off was FR3SH. That means that FR3SH, Beat Ya Feet Kings, and Southern Movement will be facing off. Let’s see their battle! Each crew danced to Boom Boom Pow for 30 seconds. Wow, all of the crews had some really good choreography.
In the end, the judges sent FR3SH packing. I’m surprised because I really didn’t think that they were bad or the worst crew. I personally really don’t like Beat Ya Feet Kings and I don’t think they will last too long in the competition.

Next up on Get Real, the lastest from Hell's Kitchen, the prom on More to Love, and the veto competition on BB11. Stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment