
On Top Chef Masters, the 6 winners of each of the previous Elimination Challenges met to compete in the Champions Round. They were met with their first Quick Fire Challenge and they were told that they needed to work in teams. The teams broke down to Rick, Hubert, and Anita for the Salt Team and Michael, Suzanne, and Art on the Pepper Team. For the first task of shucking 15 oysters, Hubert and Susan went head-to-head. They finished right at the same time but then Hubert had to continue dicing 5 onions against Art. Art finished first, which allowed Michael to get a quick head start against Anita on chopping the chickens. It was a dead tie going into the end where Rick and Art had to separate 5 eggs and then whip it to the point that it would last for 5 seconds in the bowl when turned over.
Gosh, it was so cute to see how excited the chefs were during the challenge! They were just having so much fun and it was so different from normal Top Chef contestants. I suppose that is what makes them masters!
Before their Elimination Challenge, the six chefs were given the opportunity to create their signature dish for the other chefs. I am betting that the Elimination Challenge is going to be that they need to recreate another chef’s signature dish.
I was right, I was right! But they also needed to put their own twist on it. Hubert chose to recreate Anita’s dish and she would then recreate his. The other pairings were Art and Susan and then Rick and Michael.
Ooh, the other diners for the Elimination Challenge were past Top Chef Masters contestants. They are going to be tough, for sure! Art was first and interpreted Suzanne’s dish by putting the egg in the center of the lamb. Rick’s interpretation of Michael’s dish was a stuffed quail with prosciutto. Suzanne recreated Art’s grouper and added some gnocchi to the fish. Hubert tried to highlight the sea urchin taste of Anita’s dish in his interpretation. Michael’s translation of Rick’s dish included a more subtle flavor palette. And lastly, Anita created a soup and sandwich version of Hubert’s dish.
Based on the comments from the diners and the critics, I think that Anita will walk away as the winner with Rick in a close second. I was right! Anita ended with 24 of 25 stars with Rick right behind her with 23 stars. She received another $10,000 for her charity and both she and Rick were safe for the next round of competition. Ultimately, Suzanne received the lowest score and was sent home. Her quick skills in the kitchen killed her since she plated her dish too early.

Now it’s down to the Top 6 dancers on So You Think You Can Dance. This is such an important performance night because this determines who makes it to the finale! Lil C was on the judging panel this week along with staples Mary Murphy and Nigel Lithgoe.
The Top 3 guys did a group number with Sonya and I am so excited. She is fantastic and it would be interesting to see what she has these guys doing. They performed to a She Wants Revenge song and the piece epitomized that song to a tee. It was perfection. And all of the guys danced it so well. And they were so well in sync it was fantastic. And I agree with Nigel that Evan stood out in that performance.
The first couple of the night was Jeanine & Ade. Louis Van Amstel choreographed a sexy Samba for them and I am so excited to see it. Ooh, and they danced to Lady GaGa’s Love Game. It was definitely not a traditional Samba but I liked it. Mary, the resident ballroom expert, was not so excited about the performance. It definitely was not close to Courtney & Gev’s Samba from last season.
Kayla was the first to take on her solo. She was a little frantic in her solo and it was not as graceful or powerful as I have noticed her to be in the past few weeks.
Melissa & Evan were the next couple to take the stage and they got a Tyce Diorio Broadway number. This better be so good because this is completely Evan’s style. Lil C was underwhelmed by the performance, and especially Evan. Mary, on the other hand, loved the performance. I thought it was super cute and exactly what I would expect from the performance.I so love Ade when he does his solos. There is something I see there in his solos that I don’t think I see a lot of the time in his partner dances. He is such a good partner in his couples that I think he gets over shadowed by his own strength but in his solos he just shines! It’s brilliant!
Kayla and Brandon were the last dancers to paired together. This could be disastrous for them because they are both a little arrogant and it could be a bit of overload. They were given a Contemporary routine by Stacey Tookey which centered on a mistress of a married man and her unwillingness to leave him. It was definitely a beautiful routine but for me, personally, it was lacking something. In the end I thought it was losing some passion, which Nigel thought as well.
Melissa’s solo was next and I think she has as hard of a time as the ballroom dancers when they do their solos. Ballet is so beautiful but so hard to know how to appreciate. I just think she is lovely and fantastic and hope that others think so, too.
Jeanine & Ade were up next with their second routine of the night. They were given a NappyTabs (that’s Tabitha and Napoleon, kids) Hip Hop routine. Ugh, I just love NappyTabs and their choreography! And I love these dancers! It was sooooo good! Just fantastic and so hard and rough. Love it!Ugh, so Brandon decided to relive his audition piece for his solo. And this just makes me remember why I hate him so much. Yes, he’s a good dancer but he is so arrogant! He acts so innocent but you can tell that he knows he is good and I can’t stand it! Ugh, if he wins I will be so pissed.
The dreaded Quick Step made another appearance on SYTYCD and Melissa & Evan were the unlucky duo to get this dance. Louis Van Amstel came back to choreograph this fantastic routine. Naturally, Melissa looked beautiful and Evan was super cute. It definitely looked like something from an old Hollywood movie. I couldn’t really see any problems in technique but I thought it was danced very well and I love them both.
Jeanine’s solo was the last for the girls and she is just so good. I think she is clearly the favorite for the girls. And then Evan completed out the solos for the night. I know that some people just don’t understand Evan and his appeal but he is just so good at what he does and he’s incredibly unique.
Kayla & Brandon finished the night with a Disco routine. It was a fun routine that definitely had a lot of difficulty in it. It was a little rough in some parts and was not as good as Brandon & Janette’s Disco routine in the beginning of the season. But overall I think it was really good.
Oh yay! Sonya is choreographing the girls’ piece, too! And it was superhero themed! Like the guys’ dance, they were incredibly in sync and had such identical lines. It was such a fantastic routine and beautiful choreography. And it was so Sonya, too. I just loved it.
Next up on Get Real, a new HOH is crowned on BB11 and the Top 4 are revealed on So You Think You Can Dance! Stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment