
This week’s challenge had the crews incorporating martial arts in their routines. Plus, each of the crews got a small mentoring session with Steve Terada of last year’s winning crew, Quest Crew. Hmm…we’ll see how some of these crews fare with this challenge.
First up was Afroboriké and they got capoeira. Man, they got lucky with that! They are probably really familiar with this style. They actually did a pretty good job incorporating this style into their dance but it seemed a little weak with the choreography. This was definitely their weakest routine thus far and they apparently were not as lucky as I thought they would be.
We are Heroes took the stage next and they needed to incorporate karate into their routine. I am sure these ladies will do just fine because they have been nothing but perfect so far. And I gotta say I loved the kimonos in the beginning! They put the karate theme in their entire routine and there wasn’t just one moment but it was the whole thing. So good, love them!The next saved crew was Vogue Evolution and they need to use some Kung Fu in their routine. I think this could be a disaster because this crew tends to be sloppy in general and I don’t know if they will be able to master the precise movements needed for Kung Fu. Well, the routine was actually their best routine so far, in my opinion…BUT I didn’t see any Kung Fu in there at all.
This next style was nothing I’ve ever heard before…Extreme Martial Arts. Well, if anyone can take on that challenge, it sure is Massive Monkees. The performance was definitely high energy but not my favorite. I’ve seen better B-Boy routines on this show. The choreography was not great and they also didn’t meet their task of putting the Extreme Martial Arts in there. We’ll see.
It certainly seems like no group is really bringing the martial arts theme home, though We are Heroes does take the lead so far. I highly doubt that Beat Ya Feet Kings can take that lead away from them. Oh man, and they were given Tae Kwon Do. This is going to be awful…I can tell. This was the first time that I saw their own style featured in their dance, but there wasn’t anything Tae Kwon Do about it. And it was so slow paced and boring. Ugh, this crew is stupid.
Battling out in the bottom two were Rhythm City and Southern Movement. Frankly, I don’t know Rhythm City is in the bottom because they are not bad at all. They were given Muay Thai and they were as clueless as I was about this form of martial arts. I think they will do pretty good and I hope they do well. Wow! They just saved themselves because that was the best routine of the night!Southern Movement hit the floor last and they were given Kali, which incorporated a stick prop. I don’t know if these group will be able to pull it off. And they have big shoes to fill after Rhythm City’s performance. Well, they certainly performed well and a lot better than I expected them to. I still think Rhythm City was better by far.
So, did the judges agree with me?? YES! They did. Hooray. Even though I am not the biggest fan of Southern Movement, I do wish they could have stayed over Beat Ya Feet Kings, cause they suck!
So, did the judges agree with me?? YES! They did. Hooray. Even though I am not the biggest fan of Southern Movement, I do wish they could have stayed over Beat Ya Feet Kings, cause they suck!

No comments:
Post a Comment