Sunday, September 20, 2009

extra! extra! read (and design) all about it!

It’s sew time on Project Runway!


Now that designers are leaving one by one, the drama is growing! People are now really critiquing and criticizing one another. Let the fun times begin, hehe!

For their challenge, Heidi gave them the clue of “black and white.” Of course that is no help at all! But then they met at the LA Times office for their challenge. They met Booth Moore, accredited fashion critic for the newspaper. They would need to use old newspapers as the fabric for their outfits. What a good and interesting idea!! There are going to be some really good designs and some really bad designs!

The designers could use dyes, paints, and markers for their paper and could also use muslin as a base but it could not show on the outfit.

Okay, for any designer that is going for an “origami” theme, get some creativity! Oh gee, paper dress…origami…okay! Um, no…that is too obvious! I’m also tired of these people who are so “inspired” about working with paper and this opportunity. Uh, no one was stopping you from using paper before! Whatever.

This week’s judges were Zoe Glassner of Marie Claire, Tommy Hilfiger, and Eva Longoria Parker. The runway show surely was unique! As predicted, some of the designs were really good and some were….well…just not.

The designers asked to stay on the runway were Johnny, Nicolas, Christopher, Althea, Gordana, and Irina. I really liked Logan’s dress so I’m surprised he’s not up there. Althea’s dress really was just fantastic and she proved that her win last week was not a fluke. I would never have thought that her dress was made of paper. Gordana’s dress was not faulted too much except for being boring. Her construction was really well done but the dress itself was nothing to rave about. Irina’s trenchcoat was praised by the judges and that makes sense because it was really good. Johnny’s dress ended up being compared to a hooker outfit…not so good. And he continued to spin the lie about his dress being ruined by an iron. Nicolas threw him under the bus a little but his dress was not praised either. Christopher’s dress came next and I, personally, am not wowed by it. I like the bottom of the dress, but I don’t like the bodice though that is what the judges loved.

Irina ended up as the winner of this challenge and I kind of agree. I personally liked Althea’s the best, but since she had immunity, I think it’s good to share the wealth. Now for who goes home…I hope its Johnny. He has been on a downward spiral since Week One. Yay, I was right. Johnny only has himself to blame on this one.

Ooh, I loved Tim’s anger at Johnny’s lie! I’ve never seen him so flippant about sending a contestant home or seen him talk trash about them once they have left! Love you, Tim! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment