Monday, September 14, 2009

vmas challenge the crews

It’s the VMA challenge this week on ABDC


And it all started off with a group number in tribute to Michael Jackson. The group number was awesome and I bet that Shane had a hand in choreographing that piece! Aw, cute, in the end, the judges were imprisoned in a cell. Oh, but I was wrong! Tabitha & Napoleon choreographed the group number!! I should have known it was there choreography but I honestly didn’t think that they would choreograph it with Shane being part of this show. Love it! :)

Wow, only four crews remain! Finally, We are Heroes made it out of the Bottom 2! These ladies were given Madonna’s infamous Vogue routine from 1990. The whole piece was Victorian inspired. This will be a nice homage to Vogue Evolution who just left the competition last week, though I bet they’re wishing they could have made it to this week’s challenge. The vogue-ing and the locking that these ladies did was amazing! Though, it wasn’t there best routine and I just hope that they are safe for next week.

Afroboriké got Britney’s I’m a Slave 4 You and this is totally the perfect routine for them. There is going to be a whole lot of sexiness going on here, that’s for sure! This crew rocked it and they knew exactly how to master this task. This crew just gets better and better each week. I am now totally rooting for them and We are Heroes. I never thought this crew would make it this far, but they are certainly proving me wrong! I wouldn’t be surprised if they make it to the finals.

Massive Monkees and Rhythm City had to battle it out in the Bottom Two this week. Both of these crews are really good, so it will be tough to see who goes home. Massive Monkees got N’ Sync’s It’s Tearing Up My Heart and I bet this is nerve wracking for the boys since J.C. is a judge! I think the pressure of this performance got to the guys because it was uncharacteristically sloppy of them. And they definitely did not hold a candle to N’ Sync’s choreography. The judges loved it but I am not sure if it will be good enough. Yes, the audience was on their feet but I think that was more for the nostalgia of the boy bands days! We’ll see…

Rhythm City closed the show with a performance to Chris Brown’s Wall to Wall. I wish they had not chosen Chris Brown as one of the artists, but oh well. Well, this crew came at it hard and I am definitely on J.C.’s side – they killed it. I really hope that Rhythm City stays because I think they offer something different, whereas Massive Monkees, while good, are too much like Super Crew from Season 2.

Oh, darn, Massive Monkees made it. Well, I still like them but I hope someone other than a B-Boy crew can win the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment