
Tonight, all of the men will take the stage and it all started with a performance from the male pros to a rousing The Boys are Back in Town. I’m so excited for Louis Van Amstel this season after his work on SYTYCD and of course I still love Mark Ballas!
Oh, and Samantha’s horrible hosting skills started from the beginning! I love to make fun of her.
This season, I am rooting for MMA Fighter Chick Liddell, Melissa Joan Hart of Sabrina the Teenage Witch fame, Kelly Osbourne, the most decorated female Olympian Natalie Coughlin, and Iron Chef “chairman” Mark Dacascos.
Aaron Carter was the first to dance and he looks soooo different from the little Carter brother I remember from years ago. He and pro partner, Karina Smirnoff, did a Cha Cha for their first dance. And, wow! He is really good! He is going to be a major threat this season because he can clearly dance. Aww, and all of the Backstreet Boys were in the audience to cheer him on!!! How cute! He scored a 22/30 which is admirable for the first performance.
From the cage to the dance floor, Chuck Liddell danced second with partner Anna Trebunskaya. They had to tackle a Foxtrot and from the first look, Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell is anything but elegant! Aw, and he was concentrating so hard! The judges just melted for him though they know he still has a long way to go. He scored a 16/30 which really isn’t great but I bet he’ll be safe.
My favorite Japanese food host, Mark Damascos, paired with Lacey Schwimmer for a Cha Cha. And they did a Japanese them!! Love it!!! And what do you know, he is good! Well, that is not surprising to me but I’m glad for it! And Gilles from last season seemed to love it because he was on his feet afterwards! He came in at a 21/30 just under Aaron Carter.George Hamilton was in the audience to support his son Ashley Hamilton. Now, I would hardly consider him a star because I don’t know who he is and I’m semi-obsessed with celebrities. He was paired with Edyta Sliwinska, who also danced with Ashley’s dad in Season 2. He’s pretty rough but finding out that he was in a wheelchair not too long ago from a brain surgery makes up for it. And he’s pretty endearing. He’s not a typical celebutante like I thought he would be like. He ended with a 15/30 but I bet he outdoes Tom Delay!
Donnie Osmond partnered with Kym Johnson and being his sweet Mormon self, he kept getting embarrassed during the intimate parts! The two danced a Foxtrot and he did pretty well. The only reason I am not rooting for Donnie because I expect him to be really good and I want to see someone else win. Though, I dearly love Kym and I want her to win finally! The judges gave him 20/30 leaving Aaron still in the lead.
Chelsie Hightower paired with shortie Louie Vito, a pro snowboarder who is a favorite for the 2010 Olympics. They are both so little so they look like a little high school couple! It’s the perfect mixture of adorable and awkward. They also took on a Foxtrot and they were so cute. That is all I will ever be able to say about this pair because it’s true! Bruno is right…he’s a dancing hobbit!! The judges left him with a 19/30.Michael Irvin from the Dallas Cowboys took the stage next and he was paired with the newest pro, Anna Demidova. Aw, and his motivation was to beat Jerry Rice! He is so lovable and such a football player, I love it. The air sizzled with their Cha Cha and he was such a joy to watch. The judges slammed the performance and I think Anna’s choreography brought them down. Even I noticed that it was a little too simple. Wow, he got a 13/30! Fingers crossed that Tom Delay does worse.
Okay, this is perhaps really mean to say, but I am kind of glad that Cheryl Burke got paired with Tom Delay. Perhaps she can learn not to be so cocky when she doesn’t have a sexy partner like Gilles or a champion like Drew or Emmitt. I’m surprised he’s even on the show but he had way more personality than I ever expected. The judges awarded him a 16/30 and I’m shocked that he’s not the lowest.

Now that all of the men have danced, they each took a second turn on the dance floor during a relay dance. They would be ranked from 1st to 4th within their group. First was the Salsa Relay and it was between Ashley & Edyta, Chuck & Anna, Donnie & Kym, and Louie & Chelsie. I think Donnie did the best by far and Ashley was the worst. Chuck and Louie both did surprisingly well. Donnie & Kym got 10 points, Louie & Chelsie got 8, Chuck & Anna got 6, and Ashley & Edyta for 4 points.
The Viennese Waltz Relay ended the night with Tom & Cheryl, Mark & Lacey, Michael & Anna, and Aaron & Karina. This seemed a little harder to judge on who did better since it seemed more difficult. I think either Aaron or Mark will get first. Samantha is horrible at killing time! It’s just way too awkward. Tom & Cheryl placed last, Michael & Anna got 6 points, Mark & Lacey got 8, and Aaron & Karina maintained their lead with 10 points.
So, predictions on who goes home…either Ashley or Tom. We’ll see after the ladies take the stage tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment