Sunday, September 13, 2009

models rule the runway

Fashion reigns supreme again on Project Runway.


For their challenge, the designers had 13 women waiting for them in the workroom and their only challenge was to make these women very happy! Of course, the girls were their models! BUT, the models were their clients. They were invited to a very important industry event and they needed to dress to impress for agents and high fashion people.

The designers had $100 to spend at mood and just one day to complete the garment! This is going to be a big challenge for these designers. Epperson lucked out in that his instincts were exactly what Matar, his model, wanted and he was completely right in letting go of the bright orange idea. Logan is worried that his dress looks completely different from the other dresses. But I think that Koji, his model, is a different girl and this dress completely shows off her own style and personality so I think he will be okay. Shirin is struggling with her model’s idea of having a royal blue jumpsuit with gold rope accessories. I sincerely hope that she strays away from that idea!

This week’s judges panel has some new faces. There was American designer Marc Bouwer, Marie Claire Editor Zoe Glassner, and designer Jennifer Rade.

The designers remaining on the stage were Logan, Althea, Johnny, Qristyl, Epperson, and Carol Hannah. The judges really enjoyed Carol Hannah’s dress and the challenges she took with it. It was a really good mix of edgy and sophisticated. Darn, Logan’s dress was in the bottom! He said that he almost changed the skirt from an A-Line to a pencil and he sooo should have done that! It would have given the edge he wanted but also a hint of elegance. I hope he’s safe! Epperson’s dress was a smash hit! Matar loved it and the judges felt like it was a new twist on a simple design. Oh no! Johhny’s dress was touted as wearable but nothing special. I kinda have to agree on this. Qristyl’s design was a disaster and she totally aged her model. I completely agree on this and I think she needs to go home. Althea hit a homerun with her suit. It was super sexy but sophisticated at the same time.

Althea was named the winner of this challenge! I completely agree and she totally deserved to win! Yes! Logan is safe and Qristyl is out. I think it was time for her to leave because she has done nothing worth celebrating so far and Logan has way more talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment