
Filling in for Len this week is Moulin Rouge director Baz Lurhman, who also directed the spectacular Strictly Ballroom.
First up and dancing the Jive was Joanna & Derek. She is doing all of the moves but she doesn’t look as smooth as I think she should. Granted, it is only Week 2, but I think she has a lot of pressure on her because of her performance last week. She ended up with a 20/30 which is definitely lower than last week.
Natalie & Alec took the stage this week with the dreaded Quick Step. Apparently, Natalie has a breathing problem because she is used to holding her breath for so long while swimming. She definitely seemed calmer this week and she definitely showed a lot of potential. Natalie received a 21/30 which is pretty respectable for Week 2.
One of my faves, Chuck & Anna, got the Tango and I think he will do really well since the Tango. Ooh, and they danced to Seven Nation Army! Well, personally, I enjoyed it and I think I have a little school girl crush on Chuck! They ended up with a 19/30 which is a big improvement for them from last week.Oh, yay! Melissa & Mark are taking on the Jive! I bet this is going to be really cute...at least I hope! Oh, and it was! Super adorable and I think she actually did a pretty good job. She also ended up with a 19/30 and it seems like the scores are going to stay around this area.
Michael & Anna decided to push themselves really hard with the Quick Step this week. I really feel like Anna is getting a little overwhelmed by being a pro on this show so I hope she does better this week with the choreography. But Michael was surprisingly light on his feet during this dance and Anna did much better with adding content. They scored a 20/30 for this week falling right into the middle of the pack.
The most volatile couple of the season, Debi & Maks, performed the Tango and this surely seemed like the best performance for them. However, they chose to perform to the Moulin Rouge version of Roxanne which is pretty risky considering the man that created that original and amazing performance is now judging them! I think they did the best they could and it was really steamy. You can still see her nervousness and I hope that she eventually gets more confident because she is really good. They received a 21/30 putting them at the top of the leader board along with Natalie & Alec.
Cutie couple of the season, Louie & Chelsie, had the Jive and they are so cute and young it just has to be good. Ahh, I just can’t get over how cute they are!! I love them to pieces. The judges were a little harsh on him, but he really is good and I think that America will keep him in with votes. They scored a 19/30 which still keeps them with the rest of the pack.Aaron & Karina performed next and they had a drum intro from Animal from Sesame Street. They had this cute little vaudeville routine going on during their Quick Step. He is doing really well and I think they will now take the leader board. The judges totally loved it and they gave him a 27/30! They just blew everyone out of the water!
Another fave couple, Kelly & Louis, danced the Tango this week and I hope she keeps her momentum from last week. I think she did well but I think that the pressure she was feeling from last week got to her. I hope that this week is the only week where she loses confidence. She ended up with a 19/30 which is still at the bottom of the bunch but I think others may do worse.
Performing another Quick Step was Kathy & Tony and they had a cute Cinderella theme going on. She is definitely graceful, but a little boring to watch. She scored an 18/30 which is the lowest score so far.
My final fave couple, Mark & Lacey, took on the Quick Step and I hope they do well. Aw, I thought it was cute and they did pretty good. I agree that his footwork was not the greatest but he covered well. Wow, Mark scored a 21/30 which puts him up there in the leader boards.
Mýa & Dimtry danced a Jive and I think she will do well. She looks über cute too in a complete 20’s style look. Their song was really risky but the dance was really good! It was like near perfection! The duo scored the second 27/30 of the night!Tom & Cheryl took the stage next and I really hope they don’t do well so they can be kicked off already! They danced a Tango and needless to say, it was not sexy at all. Tom ended up with a slight stress fracture in his foot and I think it ended up hurting him in the end because he almost dropped Cheryl in the final hold and I think he may have hurt himself. He ended up with 18/30 leaving him at the bottom with Kathy.
Rounding out the night was Donnie & Kym doing another Jive. He actually did really well in this dance and I think he had just the right amount of theatricality and dance skills. Wow, Donnie eked out a 25/30 with a 9 from Baz! So he bridged the gap between the leaders and the rest of the pack.
My predictions for tomorrow: either Kathy or Tom will go home but I hope that it’s Tom.
No comments:
Post a Comment