Monday, September 21, 2009

the heroes of the dance floor

It’s down to the final three on ABDC! Can both crews featuring females make it to the top??


Well, maybe! Afroboriké toppled over usual B-Boy faves, Massive Monkees, and the locking girls, We are Heroes. The challenge for this week required the crews to dance through decades of dance and 5 dance legends that included James Brown, Rock Steady Crew, Paula Abdul, Usher, and Lady Gaga.

Afroboriké’s first performance was not too bad. They did really well with Lady Gaga and pretty good in the Paula Abdul section. The b-boy pats were a little rough, but that was to be expected. A lot of their transitions were super slow but it was not the greatest. They did much better last week so they are lucky to be guaranteed into the finals!

Now Massive Monkees and We are Heroes battle it out for the final position in the finale. The boys took the stage first. Naturally, they just killed the b-boy section! And they surprisingly did well with Lady Gaga. But the Usher part was way rough and their goal of hitting the Paula Abdul section didn’t go as well as they had hoped. It was like they lost steam by the end. They didn’t disappoint, but they definitely left the door open for the ladies.

We are Heroes just killed it! They knew exactly what they had to do with this challenge and they did it. There was nothing wrong with that performance! They weren’t too intimidated by the challenge and they took each section for what it was. I would be so surprised if they lost out to Massive Monkees.

Did the judges put the ladies through to the finale ensuring that a crew with girls would actually win the show? Or did they go with the typical B-Boy styling and cop out? Yes, they did!! We are Heroes has made it to the finals which means no more B-Boy champions! But I do still like Massive Monkees and I’m glad they were so humble with their loss.


The Last Chance Challenge had Afroboriké and We are Heroes constructing their own song and performance to get America to vote for them.

Afroboriké performed first and they went tribal. I thought it was good but I was missing the sexiness that they usually put out. I was expecting more Salsa and latino-style dancing and this seemed more like African dancing and Maori tribal moves.

Once again, We are Heroes killed it! That was probably one of the best performances ever on this show! They literally lit the stage on fire! But the fire effect definitely wasn’t needed because these girls outdanced everyone and themselves a million times over. They will for sure win. They have to!

If only I voted on Reality Shows, I would be clogging up the phone lines with votes for We are Heroes. But we will see if everyone feels the same way I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment